Managers thrive with us! HCA Healthcare is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, comprising of over 180 hospitals and about 2,000 sites of care in 21 states and the United Kingdom. We are looking for a(an) Mgr Float Pool Acute Care for our Medical City Healthcare team where excellence creates excellence.Benefits
Medical City Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
HCA Healthcare has expanded our influence across the healthcare industry by investing $3.5 billion in capital improvements in recent years. Do you want to be an influencer in healthcare?Apply for our Mgr Float Pool Acute Care role today!Job Summary and Qualifications
- Supervises care provided by clinical staff working in the Resource Pool (RNs, technicians, therapist etc.). Retains ultimate responsibility for quality of care provided by direct reports in partnership with the facility leaders.
- Create or assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization and nursing standards.
- Ensures operations run within budgetary guidelines.
- Promotes positive employee engagement and appropriate communication with staff.
- Responsible for quality and performance improvement activities in department and multidisciplinary practices.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and guidelines as set by federal, state, local and other agencies (i.e., JCAHO, Medicare, TDH).
- Facilitates positive and productive relationships with colleagues, and peers that involves bilateral communication.
- Responsible for positive internal and external customer satisfaction results and to ensure that all staff meet the service standards.
- Maintains proficiency in own job duties, cross trains to other duties as appropriate. Identifies in-services/learning activities to enhance job performance. Participation in professional organization encouraged.
- Prepares, compiles, and maintains required statistical reports.
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities
- Scheduling of staff.
- Clinical resource for the nursing department.
- Participates in the interviewing and hiring of new staff.
- Serves as an advocate for nursing staff.
- Ensures that problems arising are promptly communicated and resolved.
- Provides accurate and complete report to incoming nursing unit staff.
- Evaluating staff performance (90-day, annually.
- Coaching, counseling and staff development.
- Participates in financial management/planning/budgeting for the assigned department.
- Plans and conducts staff meetings.
- Manages clinical activities on assigned unit, assuring age specific standards are maintained by staff as well as manager.
- Maintains 24-hour accountability for the direction, supervision, coordination and evaluation of activities and services of the assigned department.
- Seeks opportunities to improve department or interdepartmental processes.
- Service Standards: It remains the responsibility of each staff member to work to exceed customer expectations and create an environment of exceptional service.
- Minimum 3 years recent nursing management or leadership experience within an acute care setting.
- Nursing experience within the past five years in a related clinical area.
- BSN required.
- MSN or Master's Degree in related field preferred.
- Hold a national certification in area of specialty preferred.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support required
- Registered Nurse
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Medical City Healthcare is one of the region's largest, most comprehensive health care providers. Medical City Healthcare includes 14+ hospitals, 7+ off-campus emergency rooms, more than 50+ ambulatory sites. We have more than 7,000 active physicians and 15,000 employees in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you're looking for a leadership opportunity that provides both personal satisfaction and professional growth, apply to join HCA Healthcare as a(an) Mgr Float Pool Acute Care EPOD.Unlock your leadership potential with HCA Healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website