DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Banquet Chef. We are seeking a Banquet Chef at our Heart and Spine Hospital to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. Medical City Dallas will open brand new Heart and Spine Hospitals October 2019 as destination hospitals for highly specialized advanced cardiovascular and spine care. The new facilities are located near Medical City Dallas across Hwy. 75 and Forest Lane.
Medical City Heart Hospital will have 63 private patient rooms and provide a wide array of cardiac services including complex vascular and heart surgery, advanced heart failure treatment, minimally invasive vascular surgery and other specialized heart care. The facility will also have the only dedicated cardiac emergency room in Dallas.
The 24-bed Medical City Spine Hospital will provide comprehensive and coordinated spine care for common spine disorders and rare, hard-to-treat spinal deformities including adult and pediatric scoliosis, spondylolistheses, complex spine surgery and minimally invasive surgical options among others. The Banquet Chef has the following duties:
- Demonstrates skill in food preparation, garnishing, plate presentation and service, which are in compliance with all regulatory standards e.g. JCAHO, Medicare, Texas Department of Health and Local Health Department.
- Prepares hot food items for cafeteria, physician's dining, catering and room service operations according to standard recipes and HACCP guidelines; wears and changes gloves appropriately
- Ensures all food items are labeled and dated correctly to ensure quality and freshness.
- Demonstrates the ability to safely handle and clean knives as well as other pieces of necessary equipment.
- Maintains all kitchen utensils, equipment and physical surfaces in a safe and sanitary manner; following HACCP guidelines.
- Ensures all storage areas are maintained in a clean and orderly manner according to regulatory guidelines.
- Ensures all food and supply items are in proper locations, rotates using FIFO to maintain quality and food safety. Removes and alerts supervisor of any outdated food items.
- Communicates all food quality issues, food shortages or necessary substitutions to Team Leader or Supervisor (Production/Retail) in a timely manner
- Assist in maintaining inventory levels, purchasing of food & supplies, menu development & coordination of large catered events.
- Accurately completes daily reports, cleaning checklists, and temperature logs.
- Assists in recipe development
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Some college or technical training preferred
- Culinary degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience in a high volume fine dining restaurant, hotel or country club
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
- Food Service Handlers Certification through Texas Department of Health required within 1 year of hire.
- Completion of a Culinary Arts/Chef Apprenticeship program from an accredited institution; preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Math, reasoning and organizational skills
- Good communication skills, ability to read, write and speak in English
- Basic computer skills
- Detail oriented
- Multi-task oriented
- Ability to safely operate all kitchen equipment
- Intermediate to advanced knife handling skills.
- Advanced culinary skills
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website