DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Line Cook. We are seeking a Line Cook for our Medical City Dallas Heart and Spine Hospitals to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now! We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family's needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
SEPTEMBER 2019 START Medical City Dallas will open brand new Heart and Spine Hospitals October 2019 as destination hospitals for highly specialized advanced cardiovascular and spine care. The new facilities are located near Medical City Dallas across Hwy. 75 and Forest Lane.
Medical City Heart Hospital will have 63 private patient rooms and provide a wide array of cardiac services including complex vascular and heart surgery, advanced heart failure treatment, minimally invasive vascular surgery and other specialized heart care. The facility will also have the only dedicated cardiac emergency room in Dallas.
The 24-bed Medical City Spine Hospital will provide comprehensive and coordinated spine care for common spine disorders and rare, hard-to-treat spinal deformities including adult and pediatric scoliosis, spondylolistheses, complex spine surgery and minimally invasive surgical options among others. Nationally recognized board-certified, fellowship-trained surgeons with more than 40 years of groundbreaking experience will conduct industry-leading scoliosis research.
The Line Cook has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Demonstrates skill in food preparation, display and service, which is in compliance with all regulatory standards.
- Prepares hot food items for cafeteria, physician's dining, catering and room service operations according to standard recipes and HACCP guidelines; wears and changes gloves appropriately.
- Responsible for maintaining all kitchen utensils, equipment and physical surfaces in a safe and sanitary manner. Maintains high standards of quality, safety and sanitation.
- Ensures all food items are labeled and dated correctly to ensure quality and freshness.
- Demonstrates the ability to safely handle and clean knives as well as other pieces of necessary equipment.
- Ensures all storage areas are maintained in a clean and orderly manner according to regulatory guidelines.
- Ensures all food and supply items are in proper locations, rotates using FIFO to maintain quality and food safety. Removes and alerts supervisor of any outdated food items.
- Communicates all food quality issues, food shortages or necessary substitutions to Team Leader or Supervisor (Production/Retail) in a timely manner.
- Accurately completes daily reports, cleaning checklists, and temperature logs.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 1-2 years prior experience in a high volume restaurant, hotel, country club or cafeteria.
- Healthcare experience a plus.
- Culinary training preferred but not required.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
- Food Service handler's certification through the Texas Department of Health required within 1 year of employment.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, write and speak in English
- Basic math skills
- Organization skills
- Ability to interpret recipes.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include some weekends and evenings
- Ability to safely operate all kitchen equipment
- Basic knife handling skills
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website