DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Pharmacy Technician today within Memorial Hospital of Jacksonville.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Memorial Hospital of Jacksonville, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Free Parking
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Pharmacy Technician where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
We are currently seeking a Full Time Pharmacy Technician to work the Evening Shift - 2:30pm to 11:00pm. Rotating weekend and holidays required.
The Pharmacy Technician promotes teamwork with pharmacists and all health care providers, promoting internal and external customer satisfaction, and strives for appropriate resource management. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.What you will do in this role:
- You will be assisting the Pharmacists in preparing and distributing drugs, maintaining the drug inventory and medical records.
- You will comply with facility policy and procedures, along with regulatory requirements.
- You will be responsible for maintaining medication storage and security as per regulatory requirements throughout the organization.
- You will perform quality control and performance improvement functions as assigned.
- You will accurately and safely compound and label medications and parenteral admixtures.
- You will always obtain a final check from the pharmacist before releasing any prepared parenteral compounds, packaging any medication, or dispensing any medication.
- You will prepare all work records needed for the day at their designated times including the discontinued, transfers, and discharge lists of parenteral preparations and efficiently process these reports before they are dispensed to the patient care areas.
- You will accurately transport medications and other pharmacy supplies in a timely manner to appropriate areas.
- You will receive and check in medication/supply orders as defined in policy and notify the pharmacy inventory manager of any shortages, overages or damages of product.
- You will manage drug supplies in a cost-effective manner and identify opportunities to minimize waste.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- An active Registered Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacist Intern license in the state which you practice, in accordance with law and regulation is required
- A national certification (CPhT) is preferred
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience is preferred
Now celebrating over 50 years of service - Memorial Hospital of Jacksonville, a facility of HCA Healthcare - South Atlantic Division, has built a strong tradition of providing quality healthcare to Northeast Florida and surrounding areas. Memorial Hospital Jacksonville is a 400+ bed, acute care hospital offering a full line of services, including 24-hour emergency care at four different locations. We feature: * an accredited Chest Pain Center * Certified Stroke Center * Dedicated Heart Center * State of the art Spine Clinic * Special Beginnings – the Memorial Hospital maternity center Fully accredited by the Joint Commission of Accreditation (JCA), Memorial Hospital Jacksonville is known as a leader in innovative healthcare with a reputation maintained through our excellent staff, along with technological advances, growth and expansion to meet the ongoing needs of our community. Memorial Hospital of Jacksonville is also a Certified Level II Trauma Center, which means we provide a higher level of care for the most critically injured patients. It also means our standards and performance are regularly reviewed by the Florida Department of Health. HCA Healthcare, the parent company of Memorial Hospital Jacksonville, has been consecutively named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses. If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website