Surgical Technician facilitates the operative or other invasive procedure by preparing and providing the required sterile instruments, supplies and equipment. Maintains the sterile field and anticipates and responds to the needs of the surgical team.
- Provides complete case preparation and has knowledge of special instruments, supplies, and equipment needs to the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge of patient's rights and responsibilities according to the patient's age and understanding.
- Demonstrates understanding of patient's Advance Directives.
- Functions as the scrub person during operative and other invasive procedures by assembling supplies and equipment required for the procedure.
- Preparing and organizing sterile supplies and instruments for the procedure.
- Performing surgical counts with the circulating RN according to policy.
- Assisting with the placement of sterile drapes.
- Provides instruments and supplies to the surgical team during the procedure.
- Maintains an organized sterile field and ensures the sterility of the field by taking corrective action as needed.
- Maintains aseptic technique.
- Retrieves and collects specimens and labels those specimens appropriately and correctly.
- Cleans and prepares instruments for processing and transport them to the decontamination area.
- Assists with post-procedure cleaning of the operative or invasive procedure room and preparation of room subsequent patients.
- Displays and promotes teamwork.
- Demonstrates flexibility regarding unit/area staffing and scheduling needs.
- Maintains personal grooming and attire consistent with policy.
- Pursues professional development and personal development.
- Participates in ongoing educational and competency verification activities.
- Promotes cost containment efforts and performance improvement initiatives.
- Participates in financial accountability by utilizing resources in a cost conscious manner.
- Participates in all patient safety care measures.
Surgical Technician Requirements
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Completion of an accredited Surgical Tech program or equivalent experience required.
- Surgical Tech certification preferred
- BLS/CPR required.
Full-Time and PRN opportunities
Apply on company website