We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
Responding to the healing mission of Jesus and the tradition of Catherine McAuley to serve the poor and sick person, we participate in meeting the health needs of the community. Pastoral Services assists the patient, family, and personnel in meeting their spiritual, social, and emotional needs during a time of illness, injury or stress and will minister to all persons, regardless of their belief system. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
- Experience: Experience in visiting the sick in a ministry capacity. Current healthcare or military chaplaincy experience preferred.
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Theology, Ministry, Counseling, Divinity or related field. One unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (NACC or APC) or equivalent experience.
- Preferred Education: Some Master's level work in Theology, Ministry, Counseling, Divinity or related field. Two units of CPE.
- Certifications: In good standing with community and endorsed or eligible for endorsement by faith community.
- Other: Compassion and respect the dignity of each person regardless of their cultural, religious, lifestyle choices or age. Good communication and listening skills and able to be present to others. Ability to minister to the whole person with an emphasis on the spiritual. Ability to be self-reflective about work. Responds with respect, graciousness, kindness and spiritual comfort. Ability to work independently in the context of a strong pastoral team and in cooperation with the interdisciplinary clinical team to provide quality services resulting in high patient satisfaction. Able to work in emotional and stressful situations. Advocates for patient, family member or co-worker when the need arises. Uses computer systems, pagers, and telephone systems effectively.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website