We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
Under the direction of vice president, Donor Engagement and Development, the director, Development Programs and Education oversees and executes all ministry-wide fundraising strategies for annual giving, planned giving, grateful families and other coordinated development programs. An emphasis will be placed on centralization and standardization to achieve strategic goals, including comprehensive donor relations and stewardship plans that demonstrate donor impact. This role oversees all aspects of education and training both inside and outside of Foundation, including but not limited to co-worker and board orientation, co-worker onboarding, fundraiser educational opportunities, etc. Additionally, this position will have reporting oversight of manager, Foundation Brand and Communication to maintain consistency across communication platforms. This position performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years experience managing complex fundraising programs, preferably in health care or other non-profit.
- Required Education: Bachelor's degree required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively working with all levels of leadership and staff.
- Demonstrated success in soliciting annual gifts.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong presentation skills.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated motivational and problem-solving capabilities.
- Command of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), design software knowledge preferred.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Apply on company website