We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
Now Hiring Full Time Sterile Processing Technician
Mercy Hospital Joplin
Join our Sterile Processing Team for growth and career ladder opportunities
The Sterile Process Technician follows a robust series of processes in instrument decontamination, sanitization and sterilization under general supervision ensuring all equipment is free of bioburden. Maintaining a high set of standards and procedures the instrument technician maintains, tests and assembles equipment in support of the central sterile processing to support all areas of the hospital. Our instrument technicians work as a part of a team with focus being on prioritization of instrumentation to process, customer service and dispatching inventory to the appropriate areas in a timely and accurate manner.
The Sterile Processing career ladder allows those to enter this field and receive on the job training to prepare to move up levels to achieve national certification and grow into a trainer and leader in the department and field giving stability and security for a long term career with Mercy.
- Experience: At least six months sterile processing experience is preferred, but we will train qualified candidates.
- Required Education: High School Graduate or GED
- Preferred Education: Graduate of a Sterile Processing or Surgical Technician Program
- Preferred Certifications: CRCST or CSPDT Certification through IAHCSMM or CBSPD
- Other: Basic computer skills
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
Must interact with staff and co-workers across a diverse range of disciplines.
Must be able to follow directions.
Must be able to operate equipment.
The physical demands described here are the representative of the minimums that must be met by an employee to perform all essential functions of the job. Most physical demands are below:
- Frequent: high/mid/low level lift of items weighing around 25 pounds
Frequent: hand coordination
- Frequent: Standing the Majority of Shift, 8 hours or more
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
- Quarterly Performance Incentive available offered for those individuals who meet or exceed performance and attendance standards.
- Mercy Offers Competitive Benefits
- Shift Differential Incentive Pay
- Tuition assistance for furthering your education
- A place to grow and develop your career
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website