We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
Utilizes the nursing process to provide patient care under the supervision of person(s) licensed by a State regulatory board to prescribe medication and treatment, or under the direction of a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) . Maintains professional accountability for provision of patient care for the assigned patients. Coordinates the patient care in conjunction with other departments. Maintains patient rights and confidentiality of patient information. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
- Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Licensure: Graduate of an accredited practical nursing program; Consideration will be given for comparable education experience and successful licensure. Is personally responsible for obtaining, and maintaining a current LPN license within the hiring state in which nursing duties are performed and must meet all State Board of Nursing requirements
- Physical Requirements/Demands: Stand/Walk most of the time on duty; significant amount of bending and stooping, as well as lifting and turning patients with assistance; push/pull/grip up to 50 pounds
- Experience: Can be new or experienced LPN
- Certifications: Basic Life Support certification through the American Heart Association or successful completion of course within 30 days of hire- LPN-IV Certification must be previously completed or successful completion of course within 3 months of hire (range from upon hire to within 1 year)NOTE:one or more of the certifications below may be required based on the position/unit hired to, or acquisition of certification within department required timeframe:- - ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support)- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support)- PEARS (Pediatric Assessment Recognition and Stabilization)- S.T.A.B.L.E. (Sugar, Temperature, Airway, Blood Pressure, Lab Work, And Emotional Support) Six Assessment & Care Modules- Other unit specific certifications as required
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 32 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
LPN, Licensed Pratical Nurse, Admitting Nurse
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website