We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
Perform technical duties in the application of radionuclides for the diagnosis and treatment of disease in humans in compliance with guidelines of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission under the direction of a qualified physician and Chief Technologist, as appropriate. Responsible for optimizing patient services by interacting with the patients examined. Directly responsible to the Nuclear Medicine Administrative Director and Chief Technologist. All technical duties are performed under the direction and supervision of a licensed physician. Optimization of patient care always receives first priority. Performs related duties as assigned. Technologist will also be responsible for taking Call and working weekends as assigned by the Chief Technologist and Director-Nuclear Medicine.
- Education: Formal Nuclear Medicine training in a degree or certificate program is required. Continuing education credits (Society of Nuclear Medicine) will be required.
- Licensure: Nuclear Medicine Technologist Certification Board. American Registry Radiological Technologist (Nuclear)
- Experience: None necessary except for accreditation from an approved Nuclear Medicine Program.
- Certifications: Must have a curent American Heart Association healthcare provider card or complete a course within their probationary period.
- Other: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: Expected to have a complete and thorough understanding of the operation of all nuclear medicine equipment used in the Department. Expected to be thoroughly familiar with all radiopharmaceuticals and to understand the physiology and objectives of each examination. Working Conditions, Mental and Physical Requirements: Physical demands: clear speech, normal hearing, good vision, mobility. May be exposed to radiation. Must use protective devices and take appropriate precautions to protect oneself and others. Will be exposed to a wide range of patients with health problems. Must have ability to work under stress. Must use absolute integrity in performance of procedures. Will practice professional discretion with patient information. Willing to work overtime as needed. Will possess good organizational skills. Must practice accuracy in acquiring and processing studies, and in handling related paperwork and films. Willing to follow all policies and procedures. Equipment Used: Nuclear imaging systems, computers, ECG monitors, dose calibrators, well counters, probes, g-m countes, infusion pumps, protective devices, patient transportation equipment, and other related equipment.
- Preferred Education: B.S. Cert, prefer a B.S. degree.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website