We're a Little Different
Our patient transport team keeps Mercy moving!
Transport coworkers provide a positive and reassuring presence while transporting patients to various locations throughout the hospital. They instill confidence in our patients, guests and visitors by safely escorting them or providing clear directions to locations around the hospital. In addition to moving patients, members of our transport team are able to efficiently maneuver various types of patient equipment through hospital halls, elevators, and rooms. This position requires our coworkers to be moving around the hospital for majority of their shift as well as regular lifting, pulling, and pushing.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart!
- Candidates must be able to read and understand basic instructions.
- While we would prefer someone with a high school diploma or GED equivalent, we would be delighted to provide on the job training to help you succeed here at Mercy
- Previous experience in healthcare or hospitality field is helpful as coworkers will be navigating various types of mobility (wheelchair, hospital beds) and patient care equipment (oxygen tanks, IV poles)
What Mercy Offers:
- Quarterly Performance Incentive available offered for those individuals who meet or exceed performance and attendance standards.
- Mercy Offers Competitive Benefits
- Shift Differential Incentive Pay
- Tuition assistance for furthering your education
- A place to grow and develop your career
These positions are located at Mercy Hospital St.Louis
615 S. New Ballas Rd. St. Louis, MO 63141
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website