We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
Responsible for a variety of non-dispensing, order entry and IV Admixture duties in the Pharmacy. Under the supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, the technician is responsible for computer order entry, preparation and distribution of intravenous solutions, admixtures, u/d packing, u/d preparation, cleaning, ordering, technical management of technology, stocking medications and related products. Performs related duties as assigned.
- Education: Must be at least 16 years old.
- Licensure: Actively registered, in good standing, with the Missouri Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician or willing to submit application for registration by first day of work. This includes submitting fingerprints for FBI background check.
- Experience: Prefer previous work experience as Pharmacy Technician, or have prior pharmacy or healthcare experience.
- Other: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: Strong background in fractions, proportions and percentages. Must possess a high degree of manual dexterity and be able to work accurately and quickly under pressure. Must be able to follow precise instructions with attention to detail. Must possess reasonable keyboarding skills. A caring, friendly and professional approach is expected in all communication with patients, families, visitors and other employees. Must be flexible to adjust to changing conditions or details of the job and different shifts or positions as required. Working Conditions, Mental and Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift moderately heavy objects and stand for long periods of time. Physical demands are attached plus push/pull up to 25# each, and grip up to 50 lbs., pinch up to 15 lbs., kneel, crouch, and crawl minimally.
- Preferred Licensure: Internal or national technician certification, preferred at or within 12 months of hire or promotion.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website