We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
This is a full time outpatient Physical Therapist position with Mercy's Orthopedic Hospital in Springfield, MO.
Under the direction of a physician order, the Physical Therapist administers a specific physical therapy evaluation and plans and implements a treatment program. The treatment plan is based on the patient's physical, developmental and psychosocial needs. Provides advisory service to other interdisciplinary team members to promote quality patient care. Functions under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director. Performs related duties as assigned.
*Up to $10,000 sign-on bonus available!
- Education: Graduate of an accredited B.S., M.S. or DPT degree program in Physical Therapy.
- Licensure: Must hold current licensure in the State of Missouri.
- Certifications: Must have a current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider card or complete a course within their probation period.
- Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: Must have general knowledge of evaluation and treatment principles for a diverse number and types of diagnoses.
- Working Conditions, Mental and Physical Requirements: Patient care may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
- Equipment Used: May occasionally work with office equipment; i.e. copy machines, telephones, computer. Must demonstrate competency in equipment used for the delivery of modalities.
- Additional skills and knowledge: must be able to push 40 lbs, pull 60 lbs, grip 50 lbs and pinch 15 lbs.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. As a Mercy PhysicalTherapist you will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us as a Mercy Physical Therapist and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
physical therapist, full time, Ortho, Orthopedic, PT, Springfield, Mercy
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website