We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
- Healthcare Professionals striving to provide a safe and secure environment for the delivery of exceptional healthcare through the healing ministry of Jesus.
- Safe guarding the dignity and justice of all who are entrusted with our care.
- By providing fire, safety, and security protection for Mercy's coworkers, patients, and visitors.
- Promoting and practicing fire and safety prevention.
- Performing all duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our Mission, Values, and Mercy Service Standards.
Education: High School Diploma, 18 years of age or older
Licensure:Valid State driver's license, Valid local, state or federal Public Safety/Security licensure as required
Meets or surpasses all requirements of Public Safety Officer IV
Other Skills and Knowledge:
- Has completed at least 24 months of active employment with Mercy Public Safety/ Security Department (Or equivalent training, education and/ or job experience)
- Has completed CIT (Crisis Intervention Training) course or equivalent
- Supervises officers, processes or programs as directed by the Public Safety Coordinator, Manager or Director (including but not limited to)
- Shift Supervisor
- Safety program
- Emergency Management Program
- Armorer/Firearms Instructor
- Omnigo report system
- Property management
- Access control system
- Surveillance System
- Completes Coaching for Growth – LEAD129 (within 90 days of advancement)
- Completes Coaching for Performance Improvement – LEAD147 (within 90 days of advancement)
- Completes Inclusive Leadership – LEAD204 (within 90 days of advancement)
- Completes specialized training regarding program or process which is being supervised (within 180 days of advancement)
- Completes IAHSS Basic Training and Certification Program (within 12 months of advancement)
(If classes above are changed or discontinued class of equivalent nature maybe substituted)
Education: College degree
Licensure: Valid local, state or federal Public Safety/Security licensure as required.
Experience: Previous Security, Military or Law Enforcement experience
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
supervisor, supervisory, public safety, law enforcement, military, security, safety
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website