We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
Now Hiring Full-Time Entry-Level OR Inventory Technician!
Mercy Hospital Springfield
The Supply Chain Tech is an entry level position for Mercy's Supply Chain operation with a focus on basic inventory and distribution skills. The Supply Chain Tech utilizes supply chain software to fill, order, stock, and distribute supply orders. Requires basic skills to provide support in filing, ordering, stocking and distributing supplies. Requires knowledge of inventory practices such as unloading freight, inventory control, and customer service. The Supply Chain Tech is active throughout their shift, unloading freight, inventorying supplies and delivering freight across our hospitals and clinics. This position is ideal for someone with a strong background in manufacturing, retail, warehouse and other supply chain based entry level experience.
- Preferred Experience: at least 6 months in a large-scale inventory operations as an entry level employee is preferred but not required. Retail, Manufacturing, Inventory or warehouse experience is a plus.
- Required Education: High School degree or GED equivalent required
- Other: Basic math skills Computer skills. Service oriented person with background in purchasing and an aptitude in computer and warehouse procedures. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to follow oral and written directions. Proven attention to detail, particularly numbers, required. Possess the ability to work in a team environment. The physical demands described here are the representative of the minimums that must be met by an employee to perform all essential functions of the job. Full list of physical demands/Job screen is available upon request, but includes the following minimums: Constant standing/walking; frequent reaching/pushing <40# force; occasional bending; minimal squatting/crouching/kneeling/overhead reach/lifting <10# overhead/lifting floor to waist & carrying <35#/pushing <40# force/balance/grip/pinch.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
- Quarterly Performance Incentive available offered for those individuals who meet or exceed performance and attendance standards.
- Mercy Offers Competitive Benefits
- Shift Differential Incentive Pay
- Tuition assistance for furthering your education
- A place to grow and develop your career
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website