We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
The Central Region Throughput Center Technician is responsible for a variety of nursing support services throughout the Central community including, but not limited to:
- Deployment of nursing staffing resources to facilitate cost effective coverage of staff for all shifts within multiple patient care areas in the Central Community hospitals
- Placement of patients in an appropriate unit based on Physician order and identified criteria
- Proactive analysis and identification of staffing issues with a focus on resolution
- Facilitation of hospital throughput
- Collection of data as directed
Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent GED
- Previous clinical experience preferred but not required; will train
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are required; must possess the ability to deal tactfully with a variety of callers.
- Ability to be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of team work and team concept.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with patience and tact
- Ability to multitask
- Willingness to seek out new methods and principles and to incorporate them into existing practices
- Must be able to uphold all principles of confidentiality and patient care to the fullest extent
- Must have an analytical mind, an eye for detail, and the ability to solve problems creatively
- Must possess time management and organizational skills
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Nursing Support, Data collection
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website