We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
Utilization Management for the assigned inpatient Care Management population. This position is designed to facilitate an effective process of the Mercy Care Management model; supporting quality patient care, safety and financial components; promoting integration of a seamless care model; assisting with patient throughput; collaborating to include coordination as evidenced by metrics, optimizing performance and adoption of best practice
- Experience: 2-3 years acute care hospital setting, Minimum Required. Care Management or Utilization Review experience, Preferred
- Required Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Certifications: Current State of Missouri Registered Nurse license
- Must have the ability to work independently and meet deadlines, giving attention to detail and follow up
- Excellent time management skills, organizational skills, able to coordinate multiple tasks and prioritize work
- Must have a good understanding of medical terminology with the ability to read, discuss and understand patient medical information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly telephone
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Apply on company website