Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
Clinical Laboratory Assistant with Phlebotomy Experience
PRN - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Laboratory Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Clinical Laboratory Assistant to join our team who works under the supervision of the Lab Director and the lab supervisors. He/she processes specimens for the section, performs routine laboratory tests for diagnosis and treatment of disease, sets up instruments and performs basic equipment maintenance. Assists with ensuring all regulatory lab standards are met through following policies and procedures of the Hospital and accrediting regulatory agencies.
In this role, the Clinical Laboratory Assistant will:
- Processes specimens for the section; prepares blood smears and body fluid slides, centrifuges specimens, streaks microbiology plates, prepares specimens for transport to reference labs.
- Understands laboratory methods, demonstrates knowledge of pathological processes with correlation of disease states and test results. Independently performs specimen processing and testing to include moderate complexity testing.
- Sets up instruments and performs basic equipment maintenance. Performs basic quality control as instructed, collects quality assurance data.
- Performs clerical duties such as answering telephones, communicating verified test results by phone, typing procedures, performing data entry/retrieval as may be required, filing paperwork and slides, faxing documents, and assisting with inventory of supplies.
- May perform phlebotomy, point-of-care and waived testing as designated.
- Performs work in accordance with laboratory regulatory standards.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- One year of Clinical Lab Assistant or related experience in a Clinical Laboratory to include prior experience with a variety of lab tests is preferred.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. It is a streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available. With over 240 beds, services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train under the facility's world class team. The hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. It also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov's 5-star rating. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Stone Oak under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website