Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
Clinical Laboratory Scientist I
Full Time - Non-Exempt
Evening Shift, Rotating Weekends
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Laboratory Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist I, you are responsible for performing complex medical laboratory tests for diagnosis and treatment of disease. You will analyze and assume accountability for accurate test results, maintenance of complicated instruments, and monitoring quality control and quality assurance programs.
What you will do In This Role:
- Performs specimen processing and testing independently to include moderate and high complexity testing.
- Analyzes test results - demonstrates knowledge of pathological processes with correlation of disease states and test results.
- Understands, performs, and practices preventive maintenance on assigned equipment; troubleshoots and takes corrective action.
- Understands, performs, and practices quality control to include running controls, evaluating data, documentation of data, and taking corrective action as required. Communicates any relevant QC information to supervisor/lead tech.
- Assumes responsibility for own development; meets timeliness for gaining skills. Satisfactorily completes competency checklist for this position
- Provides technical information about test results to physicians, nurses and patients. Acts as a resource to others.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- High school diploma (or equivalent), with 11 years of clinical lab experience. -OR
- 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of academic credit from an accredited college or University, including 24 hours of medical technology or 24 hours of science including 6 hours of chemistry, 6 hours of biology and 12 hours of courses in chemistry, biology or medical technology combination, and successful completion of a 50 week U.S. military medical laboratory training course. -OR
- Associates Degree from an accredited MLT training program. -OR
- Bachelors Degree from a 4 year accredited CLS program.
- Minimum License and Certificates Required: Not Applicable
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. It is a streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available. With over 240 beds, services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train under the facility's world class team. The hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. It also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov's 5-star rating. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Stone Oak under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website