The Patient Care Technician supports the work of the Registered Nurse to meet the needs of patients in order to provide safe, efficient, timely and excellent high quality care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer patient call signals, signal lights, bells, or intercom systems to determine patients' needs.
- Turn or reposition bedridden patients.
- Provide physical support to assist patients to perform daily living activities, such as getting out of bed, bathing, dressing, using the toilet, standing, walking, or exercising.
- Review patients' dietary restrictions, food allergies, and preferences to ensure patient receives appropriate diet.
- Measure and record food and liquid intake or urinary and fecal output, reporting changes to medical or nursing staff.
- Record vital signs, such as temperature, blood pressure, pulse, or respiration rate, as directed by medical or nursing staff.
- Gather information from caregivers, nurses, or physicians about patient condition, treatment plans, or appropriate activities.
- Observe or examine patients to detect symptoms that may require medical attention, such as bruises, open wounds, cognition, abnormal vital signs, any signs of distress or blood in urine.
- Document or otherwise report observations of patient behavior, complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses.
- Remind patients to take medications or nutritional supplements.
- Comply with the hospital's mission and values.
- Take an active role in the importance of rounding.
- High school diploma / GED
- Six (6) months of experience, within the last three (3) years, in a hospital, clinic or in a SNF/Home Health setting as a nurse assistant, care partner, medical assistant or student nurse with one semester in a clinical setting.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current Managing Aggressive Behavior (MAB) within 90 day of hire or notification of requirement
- Current California State Nurse Assistant certification preferred
- A solid understanding of human anatomy, basic medical terminology, and rehabilitation principles is desired
C. Special Skills/Knowledge
- Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Apply on company website