Discovery Senior Living is now the 9th largest senior housing operator with the addition of our new division in Texas – Morada Senior Living. We have tremendous opportunities for proven leaders to join in our success.
Morada Senior Living is looking for a Care/Medication Technician to join our community Morada Abilene.
The Care Giver/Med Tech role includes providing hands-on care, physical and emotional support to each resident while maintaining a safe and comfortable home-like environment.
- Responsible for a designated group of residents during the shift; knows where their residents are and physically checks on them throughout the shift.
- Observes, reports and documents symptoms and conditions of residents for changes in condition such as skin, behavior, alertness, weight, dietary and participation in activities.
- Responds to security system and resident call bells promptly.
- Notifies supervisor and/or Health Care Coordinator if a resident has increased care needs.
- Assists with continence management and disposes of all continence products properly to ensure sanitation of resident suite and community restrooms.
- Serves and collects food trays and assists as needed; reports refusal of meals or loss of appetite.
- Maintains cleanliness of resident's room and work areas.
- Practices good standard care precautions of cleanliness, hygiene and health.
- Helps residents maintain independence, promotes dignity and physical safety of each resident.
- Actively participates/leads and assists residents with activities of daily living (i.e. bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, ambulation, transferring, eating) as instructed.
- Engages residents in life skills and other life enrichment activities.
- Greets and assists all internal and external customers, guests, family members, residents, vendors and team members.
- Does resident laundry as assigned and needed.
Medication Tech duties:
- Reviews service plan to learn pertinent information about residents.
- Assists/observes medications and treatments for each resident using the medication observation record and the Six Rights of Medication Pass.
- Documents and initials form as medications are given including appropriate documentation for refusal or missed doses.
- Maintains confidentiality of all resident information including resident medication.
- Reports all resident concerns made while assisting resident with the medication to the Nurse and/or Health Care Coordinator (HCC).
- Restocks medication cart after all medication passes.
- Assists in checking medication regardless of packaging system.
- Counts all narcotics with another Medication Care Manager or Nurse each shift.
- Maintains and cleans the Medication Room, med charts, treatment carts for neatness cleanliness, availability of medications and expired medications.
- Follows re-fill process for medications.
- Participates in the development of the Service Plan and monthly updates.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, weight, pulse and respiration rates.
- Reports occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, sharp sticks and hazardous chemicals immediately.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Certified Nurse's Aid certification preferred.
- High School diploma/GED
- Must be 18 years of age.
- CPR Certification preferred
- First Aid Certification preferred
- Previous experience working with seniors preferred.
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Morada offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Eligible team members are offered a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off, and paid holidays. Team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.
Thank you for your interest in Morada Senior Living careers. If you have any questions about the position you are applying for, please contact the community directly.
EOE D/VJOB CODE: 1000562
Apply on company website