Ready for a meaningful career in criminal justice? Management & Training Corporation (MTC) will soon be operating the Willacy County State Jail in Raymondville, Texas. MTC Facilities provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain valuable skills and treatment necessary for success upon release. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day!
MTC is currently hiring for Academic Instructors. This position is responsible for providing academic instruction to offenders in accordance with approved curricula in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives. Other duties include:
- Plan and conduct classes in Adult Basic Education (ABE) and General Educational Development (GED), reading skills development, language skills development, writing skills, math, language arts, literature, science, social studies, special education curriculum and other subjects selected to correspond with the abilities and limitations of the class.
- Prepare special teaching plans, courses, activities and learning experiences appropriate for the specific offenders assigned with written curricula coordinated with the Secretary's Commission on Achieving Necessary Skills (SCANS) competencies and workplace skills.
- Utilize appropriate audio and visual teaching materials individualized to the specific needs of the offender.
- Administer individual educational tests and learning aptitude tests and use the results for prescriptive instruction.
- Assess and document offender performance and provide feedback to offenders.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or United States Department of Education (USDE) and State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) certificate for area of assignment required. Elementary and/or Secondary level certifications in core subject area. Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website