The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States. NASCAR consists of three national series (Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series™, NASCAR Xfinity Series™, and NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series™), three regional series, one local grassroots series, three international series and the Automobile Racing Club of America (ARCA). The International Motor Sports Association™ (IMSA®) governs the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship™, the premier U.S. sports car series. Based in Daytona Beach, Fla., with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico and Europe. For more information visit www.NASCAR.com and www.IMSA.com, and follow NASCAR on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat (‘NASCAR').
We are seeking qualified candidates for a Technical Inspector opening supporting the NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series, and NASCAR Gander RV Outdoors Truck Series. These positions are responsible for understanding and enforcing NASCAR rules and technical regulations in a consistent, timely, and professional manner. Successful applicants will maintain a proficient and high level of communication with the series stakeholders including participants, Team Managers, fellow officials and/or Race Control staff as determined by their supervisor.
The primary responsibility for this position is to inspect vehicles as procedures dictates to assure compliance with specified series guidelines for competitors. The other responsibilities include directing competitors in proper procedures for participating in race events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Work with the team of technical inspectors to verify that the race vehicles are in compliance with NASCAR rules.
- Work one or more assigned inspection station(s) for initial through post-race inspections.
- Assist in pre and post work day operations to include assembly and disassembly of inspection equipment.
- Competent use of standard technology such as keyboard, mouse, windows-type applications, etc.
- Use the Mobile Inspection Application to capture all inspection infractions.
- Maintain equipment to avoid damage and ensure that hardware is properly stored for use at future events.
- Perform duties in a timely and authoritative manner while portraying a professional image.
- Competent understanding of radio use, procedures and etiquette.
- Attend meetings and educational seminars as requested.
- Assist R&D personnel, as requested (i.e. Roamer arm help, or help with any race equipment that has been impounded for further evaluation).
- Report any conflicts with teams or team members to your supervisor.
- Assist with transportation of vehicles as requested.
- Unload and load haulers as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist with traffic control, crowd control and credential verification.
- Handle issues appropriately in garage and pit areas.
- Understand, communicate, and enforce The Company's race procedure rules.
- Successfully pass Pit Road Official Exam as administered.
- Officiate race on pit road or in other locations using applicable technology.
- Maintain proficiency in and knowledge of all pit road rules and penalties.
- Implement / apply the appropriate pit road / practice / qualifying procedures /race procedures in a consistent, timely and professional manner.
- Establish and maintain proper communications with the assigned crew chief(s) and / or Race Control as required.
- Properly execute and confirm any directive from Race Control.
- Display willingness and ability to learn new software programs created for race officiating.
Approximate travel 90%.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. At NASCAR, you will find a community of diverse individuals respectful of our history, with an eye towards the future. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
Apply on company website