At Nextracker, we are leading in the energy transition, providing the most comprehensive portfolio of intelligent solar tracker and control software solutions for solar power plants, as well as strategic services to capture the full value of solar power plants for our customers. Our talented worldwide teams are transforming PV plant performance every day with smart technology, data monitoring and analysis services.
As a company driving the clean energy transition, sustainability is not just a word. It's a core part of our business and our operations. Our sustainability efforts are based on five cornerstones: People, Community, Environment, Innovation, and Integrity. We are creative, collaborative and passionate problem-solvers from diverse backgrounds, driven by our shared mission to provide smart solar and software solutions for our customers and to mitigate climate change for future generations. Make your mark with Nextracker.
The Senior Engineer - Product Development will be based in Hyderabad. In this position, you will report to the Manager - Mechanical Engineering. This position will work on product development, design optimization, prototype generation, creating manufacturing drawings, perform FEA and assist in prototypes in testing facility to meet ensure minimum product standard before product release. Watch this video to learn why Nextracker is more than just a place to work.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Passionate drive to innovate and create
- Integrity to the core
- Enthusiastic customer focus
- Consistent interactive teamwork
- Desire for continuous improvement and top performance
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Drive projects from conceptualization till start of production.
- Be a part of the product development team to perform and manage engineering works using Solid Works for mechanical designs, finite element analysis, design optimization, prototype development, creating manufacturing drawings.
- Provide the engineering support for design, development or optimization of products by collaborating with cross functional teams.
- Assist in various DFQ/DFR (Design for Quality / Design for Reliability) activities for product development.
- Prepare necessary component and assembly drawings by following the standards and assist in releasing the same in the PLM system.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (product management and NPI teams).
- Engage with suppliers in DFM discussions.
- Review quality documents (PPAP, FAI reports) and support manufacturers on all engineering concerns.
Here is some of what you'll need (required)
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent or Master's Degree in any relevant stream is preferred.
- 6 years of mechanical engineering related experience with strong understanding of the mechanical engineering principles and methodologies.
- Prior experience of driving and launching products involving all aspects of product development cycle.
- In-depth experience with Solid Works in drafting, modelling, fixture design, detailing practices, GD&T and tolerance stack up analyses.
- Ability to establish and develop DFMEA for new products.
- Strong knowledge of steel manufacturing processes like sheet metals, castings etc.
- Strong aptitude and intuition in mechanical failure investigation, FMEA, Fish bone diagrams etc.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Experience in developing component test specifications.
- Process oriented designer with good engineering management skills.
- Innovative thinking, positive attitude and be a team player.
Here are a few examples of what you will get for the great work you provide:
- Health Insurance
AM33Job Category Production Engineering
Nextracker is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: email@example.com
Apply on company website