Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Plan and implement model data structures for scalability
- Write secure code and architect applications
- Participates in all phases of the development life cycle, focusing on coding, testing, and debugging.
- Works on the maintenance or enhancement of existing data structures
- Researches, evaluates and analyzes technical and design requirements
- Prepares draft proposals regarding content, security, features, standards, and creative new approaches for the use of technology
- Participates in cross functional discussions and effectively communicate information, both written and verbally to members of the development teams
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of related tools, trends and developments
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Documents all technology changes through appropriate change control
- Provides support and troubleshooting of prior developed technology solutions.
- Ensures work is completed in such a way to comply with established JSox and other internal controls.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum five years' experience using Java, C#/.NET, SQL Server, and related technologies;
- Familiarity with integrated development environments such as Visual Studio 2012, Eclipse, and version control systems such as SVN, GitHub, and TFS required
- Solid verbal and written communication skills required
- Proficiency in GraphQL or REST-based web services, LINQ, XML, and JSON
- Proficient and comfortable working on multi-tier applications
- Mobile experience a huge plus
- Minimum five years' experience on scalable, high-volume, internet-facing websites—preferably at the enterprise level required
- Strong API development skills
- Experience with SQL databases (including T-SQL and creation/use of stored procedures and triggers)
- Experience using NHibernate or Hibernate
- Experience in both web forms and MVC 3
- Experience in Agile software development such as Scrum is helpful
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
- Conceptual understanding and proficiency in various CMS tools and frameworks (Umbraco, DotNetNuke, AEM)
- Excellent time management and teamwork skills
- Ability to follow technical specifications and production processes
- Thorough attention to detail
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, or related field with equivalent relevant experience.
Apply on company website