Nintendo of America Inc. The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.5 billion video games and more than 710 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com. ** This is a CONTRACT position DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Translates technical and general communication into both English and Japanese.
- Proofs the work of other translators to ensure accuracy and quality of documentation.
- Interprets into Japanese and English for face-to-face meetings and video conferences.
- Utilizes translation memory and terminology tools when translating content.
- Supports other technical writing, translation, and localization projects as required.
SUMMARY OR REQUIREMENTS
- Is a fluent speaker of both Japanese and English.
- Displays versatility and ability to interpret or translate into both English and Japanese.
- Is culturally sensitive and able to use the appropriate level of deference/politeness based on the situation and audience.
- Has business level fluency reading and writing in both Japanese and English.
- Assimilates words quickly, analyze sentences and relay information.
- Has excellent memory; can concentrate on the spoken content while others are speaking or moving near the interpreter.
- Familiarity with Nintendo games and systems is desired.
- Familiarity with software development processes is preferred.
** This is a CONTRACT positionWe are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.
Apply on company website