Retro Studios Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind. Announced by Nintendo in January 2019, Retro Studios is currently in the midst of developing Metroid Prime 4 for the Nintendo Switch.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Creates powerful rigging solutions to enhance the efficiency and quality of animation pipeline
- Provides rigging solutions that support achieving the visual targets for character and creature performances
- Implements skinning and joint layout
- Handles rig revisions, re-targeting and batching of animation
- Supports character data setup
- Collaborates effectively with character artists, animators and other teams
- Understands animator workflow and provides technical support for the efficient production of high-quality animation
- Understands topology and anatomy and can work with artists to get good deformations
- Participates in development of software tools and scripts that enhance and streamline the creation of art and animation
- Participates in determining technical & artistic approaches and in developing new or enhanced rigging processes and technical tools
*This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Proven technical skills in character rigging and animation tools for 3D production
- Solid Python knowledge and familiarity with QT
- Solid math skills
- Understands Technical Animation as a service, enjoys collaboration and has strong communication skills
- Ability to solve complex technical problems
- Proven proficiency with 2D/3D art and animation production software
- Strong Maya knowledge
- Minimum 2 years' experience in technical animation production role
Retro Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.
Apply on company website