Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com. SUMMARY
- The Nintendo of America Network team is seeking a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of network development practices including the research of current and evolving trends. The ideal candidate must demonstrate enthusiasm for continuous learning, a strong desire to provide excellent customer support and the ability to support multiple projects/activities at the same time.
- The Sr. Network Engineer will be involved in day to day support and will assist with requirements, design and cost analysis for projects at Nintendo of America and those entities that Nintendo of America supports. Projects span from Data Center hardware/software upgrades and expansion at both primary and remote Data Centers using Cisco ACI, NEXUS, IOS platforms to access layer support utilizing HPE/Aruba switching and Cisco infrastructure.
- Work with analysts to define the functional and technical needs of an organization and recommend solutions that may have significant impact to the organization.
- Assesses and recommends available technologies to meet needs, and then define technical specifications,designs and cost analysis for projects.
- Develop and modify technology networks, addressing functional, performance, security, quality, operations and monitoring needs in an efficient and productive manner
- Create and reviews detailed test scenarios, perform testing and analyze results.
- Document and reviews technology changes through appropriate change control.
- Act as team lead for the administration and maintenance of the network infrastructure.
- Lead and coordinate LAN/WAN network architectural design changes.
- Configure and deploy IPSec encryption for VPN. Integrate with disparate VPN technologies.
- Establish policies for the traffic prioritization within a network that supports converged networking.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise that may also include employees from Nintendo Company, Ltd. (NCL) and subsidiaries
- Requires staying current on engineering approaches, technologies and techniques.
- Ensures work is completed in such a way to comply with established compliance and other internal control requirements.
- Normally provides instruction for others on day-to-day work (i.e. team lead) and is tasked with determining methods and procedures on new assignments
- Provides support and troubleshooting of prior developed technology solutions and recommends effective refactoring when needed
- Provides on-call support as needed
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Typically requires a minimum of 7 years of related experience in various network development technologies patterns and practices.
- Wide-ranging experience, including proven experience leading work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Understanding of networking topologies and protocols.
- A minimum of one year experience working with and writing Python scripts for Cisco ACI
- A minimum of one year support of HPE Aruba Switching and Wireless infrastructure
- Ability to capture and analyze packets to identify source of problems
- Advanced knowledge and best practices around ipsec and GRE tunnel configurations
- Demonstrated expertise with Ethernet LAN technologies with a focus on Cisco technologies for Layer 2 redundancy and re-convergence.
- Deep understanding of L2 technologies (STP,VTP)
- Advance knowledge about Cloud services and integration
- Advance knowledge about traffic engineering
- Hands on knowledge about threat mitigation (DDOS and common attack vectors)
- Experience with Network Access Control and other perimeter security technologies desired.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco ACI/IOS/Nexus OS; support, troubleshooting and configuration
- Advanced knowledge of Palo Alto PAN-OS; support, troubleshooting and configuration
- Advanced knowledge of wireless technologies 802.11a/b/g/n
- Familiarity with TCP/IP Routing with a focus on OSPF, BGP and EIGRP
- Hands on experience with and management of NetBrain, Infoblox, OpenGear and ClearPass
- Good understanding of PKI and load-balancing best practices
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Post-graduate coursework desirable and at times required.
- CCNP, CCDP, CCIE
Apply on company website