The Financial Reporting Senior Accountant will serve as a key member of the Accounting Department's Financial Reporting Section reporting directly to the Financial Reporting Supervisor. This role will be responsible for preparing and reporting accurate and timely financial information.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements, supporting schedules, other management reports and regulatory reports for assigned companies.
- Perform analysis of financial statements.
- Assist with development and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures including research of new accounting transactions by utilizing available technology and other resources.
- Assist internal, external, and regulatory auditors in retrieving and interpreting requested documentation.
- Assist, support, and train staff accountants.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the business on corporate initiatives and projects.
- Perform special projects as required or requested.
- Review and analyze processes and procedures, identify, and develop operational efficiencies and automated solutions for manual processes
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree: Accounting preferred
- 3-6 years of accounting experience
- Previous experience with US GAAP and Statutory Accounting, preferably in the Property/Casualty insurance industry
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point) and General Ledger software packages (Workday Financials a plus)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, presentation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment
Legal Disclaimer: NJM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is fully representative of the diversity that exists in the communities in which we do business.
Apply on company website