Reviews, handles, and processes medical records and documents related to medical clearance determinations, certifications, and post offer physicals to ensure compliance with Federal regulations and company guidelines.
- Reviews all Federal and company physical examination reports and make preliminary qualification determination, per guidance from the Chief Medical Officer.
- Obtains necessary medical information from the applicant, employee or health care provider as directed by the OHN or Chief Medical Officer.
- Reviews medical documentation provided by employees to ensure completeness, prior to forwarding to OHN or CMO for review.
- Tracks and monitors medical data and suspense dates.
- Interacts with internal and external customers relative to the work status of applicants and employees.
- Receives, reviews and prepares insurance forms for CMO signature.
Job Related Experience
Minimum Level: 1-2 years in Health Care or Medical Insurance field
Preferred Level: 3-5 years
Preferred Level: Bachelor's Degree (Any)
Preferred Majors: Health and Medical Sciences
Licenses / Certifications:
Preferred: Medical Assistant, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), or Paramedic
- MS Office
- MS Word/Word Processing
Skills and Abilities:
- Customer Service
- Communication Skills
- Attention to detail
- Planning and Organizing
- Project management
Predecessor Jobs: None listed
Future Jobs: Assistant Manager in Health Services or Manager Human Resources
Shift Work: No
Weekend Work: No
Travel Required: 0- 2 Days per Month
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is a Fortune 300 organization and one of the nation's premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern is a major transporter of industrial products, including chemicals, agriculture, and metals and construction materials. In addition, the railroad operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a principal carrier of coal, automobiles, and automotive parts.
At Norfolk Southern, we believe in celebrating our individuality. By leveraging the unique backgrounds and viewpoints of our employees, we can create a culture of innovation, respect, and inclusion. We know that employees thrive in a workplace where differing viewpoints, ideas, and experiences are freely shared and valued. As such, we encourage all employees to contribute their distinctive skills and capabilities to our organization.
Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Together, we power progress.
Apply on company website