Norfolk Southern Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, seeks a talented TIBCO Platform Developer to join a cutting edge full-stack development team. Your new team designs and builds integration and enterprise services used by Norfolk Southern's most critical applications. As a TIBCO Platform Developer, you will have a critical role in converting business requirements into functional software designs and patterns. You will bring the most innovative concepts to life to help us push the boundaries across emerging technologies and products. You work both independently and collaboratively in your projects, and will interface with members across the organization. You will use your experience to drive medium to large-sized tasks and projects while exercising considerable independent judgment and discretion.
4-yr College Degree required in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related fieldResponsibilities:
- Work in a full development life cycle of Complex Event Processing (CEP) and real-time systems including requirements definition.
- Design and maintain a full failsafe, robust enterprise service bus including fault Tolerance, load balancing handling heavy through put.
- Design and implement integration solutions which provide various capabilities like security, reliability, availability, serviceability, extensibility, usability and scalability.
- Implementing various integration design patterns like Publish/Subscribe, Request/Reply, SOAP web services and RESTful web services.
- Perform integration solution analysis and performance tuning on the BW/BE/EMS stack of applications.
- Create Design artifacts using UML tools and techniques.
- Design and implement of automated unit testing for BW 5.x and BW 6.x applications.
- Design and maintain integration and services with platforms and technologies such as TIBCO Streambase, TIBCO Data Virtualization, TIBCO BPM, SaaS applications (e.g. Saleforce), Big Data platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Kafka, Nifi) and Cassandra.
- Work with various stakeholders to understand and document Business Requirements, Functional and Non-Functional Requirements & Design specifications.
- Implement best practices by introducing various process documents and checklists to improve delivery excellence.
- Coaching and mentoring teams to achieve project goals/objectives.
- Experience in designing and developing EAI solutions using TIBCO Business Events, TIBCO Business Works, TIBCO Active Spaces, TIBCO EMS, TIBCO Adapter for Files, TIBCO Adapter for SAP, SOAP, REST/JSON Plugin.
- Experience with applications using messaging such as JMS, EMS, Kafka, MQTT, FTL, etc.
- Experience in Sizing and Capacity planning of integration systems for major project implementations.
- Experience in databases such as Cassandra, Oracle, MS SQL Server and DB2 to manage tables, views, indexes, sequences, stored procedures, functions, triggers and packages.
- Familiarity with infrastructure systems layouts (Security, servers, networking, firewalls, systems administration, load balancers, and unix/linux scripting skills) a plus.
- Understanding of API gateways, networks, firewalls, load balancers and concepts with the ability to provide requirements to infrastructure team as well as provide troubleshooting assistance.
- Working experience with UML and design patterns.
- Familiarity with designing multi-tiered Common Data Model Schemas using different namespace design approaches.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Strong ability to be a self-starter with proven skills in project documentation, tracking, reporting and stakeholder communication.
Shift Work: No
Weekend Work: Yes
Travel Required: 0 - 2 Days per Month,
New Headquarters – Atlanta, GA
Norfolk Southern is in the process of constructing a vibrant & modern corporate HQ in Midtown Atlanta, GA. Our HQ is scheduled for completion in the summer of 2021. To check out a sneak peek, we've linked a playlist below.
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is a Fortune 300 organization and one of the nation's premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers.
We are a team of more than 20,000 employees working together to maintain our reputation as "The Thoroughbred of Transportation." As an industry leader, Norfolk Southern offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
At Norfolk Southern, we believe in celebrating our individuality. By leveraging the unique backgrounds and viewpoints of our employees, we can create a culture of innovation, respect, and inclusion. We know that employees thrive in a workplace where differing viewpoints, ideas, and experiences are freely shared and valued. As such, we encourage all employees to contribute their distinctive skills and capabilities to our organization.
Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation and, gender identity. Together, we power progress.
Don't just work here, Thrive here.
Apply on company website