Requisition 26298: Triple Crown Dispatcher - Logistics Coordinator - Plymouth Meeting, PA
Primary Purpose: This position is responsible for the successful execution of customer freight pickup and delivery. Job duties include problem identification, solution recognition, and system implementation to improve drayage vendor experience and provide quality customer service. This position will assist team members to ensure that the team works together in a way that supports the mission of the organization and is in alignment with our core values and beliefs.
- Coordinate the flow of information related to shipment movement between drayage vendors, Commercial Services, and terminal and rail operators within the network.
- Route and match loads in a cost-effective manner through extensive communication with other team members and the assignment of drayman.
- Knowledge of over-the-road dispatch and load planning.
- Ability to make sound operational decisions and provide direction.
- Proactively identifying potential failures and attempting to fix them and if they can't be avoided advising customer that it will occur.
- Able to work independently, make decisions impacting customers, drayage vendors and operations.
- Assist with overflow of work processes throughout the shift, as needed, including helping other Crown Ops teams: Triple Crown Services Co. (Motor Carrier) and Thoroughbred Logistics Services (Logistics).
Job Related Experience:
- Minimum Level: Experience in a daily transportation operation, dispatch/customer service or similar
- Required: High School Graduate
- Preferred Level: Associates or Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred Majors: Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- Must be proficient with computer technology and able to learn company–specific programs
- Must have some working knowledge of DOT rules & regulations
Skills and Abilities:
- Problem Solving
- Communication Skills-and be able to talk to drivers and customers
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational skills
- Environment: Office
- Shift Work: No
- On-call: No
- Weekend Work: No
- Travel Required: No
- Reports To: Manager Operations
Schedule: Monday - Friday 08:00AM - 16:30PM
Note: hours may slightly change depending on schedulesCompany Overview
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is a Fortune 300 organization and one of the nation's premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern is a major transporter of industrial products, including chemicals, agriculture, and metals and construction materials. In addition, the railroad operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a principal carrier of coal, automobiles, and automotive parts.
At Norfolk Southern, we believe in celebrating our individuality. By leveraging the unique backgrounds and viewpoints of our employees, we can create a culture of innovation, respect, and inclusion. We know that employees thrive in a workplace where differing viewpoints, ideas, and experiences are freely shared and valued. As such, we encourage all employees to contribute their distinctive skills and capabilities to our organization.
Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Together, we power progress.
Apply on company website