Company: NorthBay Healthcare
Location: Fairfield, CA
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Biotech
- The Clinical Nurse has the responsibility, accountability, and the authority to deliver safe, effective, quality, excellent nursing care according to the philosophy and goals/objectives of the Department of Nursing.
- Utilizing the Jean Watson's Theory of Caring, the Relationship Based Care, and the NorthBay's professional nursing practice model assesses, plans, implements and evaluates care for all patients assigned to his/her care.
- Makes determinations regarding the progress of the patient toward goals and utilizes a therapeutic professional relationship with the patient/family and interdisciplinary team to facilitate the promotion, maintenance, and restoration of health.
- Care is provided according to the specific physiologic, developmental and psycho-social needs of the patient.
- Supports the mission, vision, values and expectation of excellence of the organization.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional registered nursing, BSN highly preferred.
- BSN is required by January 1, 2020 (excludes employees unless grandfathered as outlined in March 2014 letter)
Licensure and Certifications:
- Valid, current and unencumbered RN license from the State of California.
- Current AHA or AHA equivalent BLS and ACLS required.
- Telemetry certification within 6 months of employment.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Six months acute care RN experience required. (One year of SNF or Acute Rehab RN experience may substitute for acute care experience).
- Arrhythmia Interpretation skills required.
- Proficient written, verbal, and electronic communication skills in the English language.
- Standardized procedure for discharge of an adult patient within six months of hire.
- Cardiac physiology training and cardiac surgery pathway introduction competency requirement within 6 months of hire.
- Trauma management training within one year of hire.
- Neurosurgical management training within one year of hire.
- Performs all physical duties of the job. Requires lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, twisting, reaching, and fine motor skills.
- The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all employees that work at NorthBay Healthcare. The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration, and Competence. Ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate these principles.
- Beginning June 1, 2019, all clinical nurses in the Patient Care Services Department will be required to wear Graphite (Dk Gray) colored scrubs per the dress code policy.
Apply on company website