NORTON HEART & VASCULAR INSTITUTE Cardiologist Career Opportunity
This practice is a subspecialty-based model made up of high-functioning providers who are collegial and diverse. Backed by a well-established cardiovascular service line structure that has access to up-to-date technology and facilities, we pride ourselves in providing a high level of service and quality of patient care that make our institute a great place for a provider to practice and grow.
JOSEPH A. LASH, M.D.
Executive Medical Director
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute
Submit your CV at BeANortonDoctor.com. To discuss this opportunity, contact Brittany Brohm, senior recruiter, physicians, Norton Medical Group, at (502) 777-6533 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NORTON HEART & VASCULAR INSTITUTE, a part of Norton Healthcare, is the areas largest collaborative cardiovascular group, with 48 board-certified physicians and 33 advanced practice providers focused in a specialty and subspecialty model that includes general cardiology, advanced cardiac imaging, electrophysiology, interventional cardiology, advanced heart failure care with mechanical circulatory support, vascular surgery, and structural heart and cardiothoracic surgery. Norton Heart & Vascular Institute maintains more than 52% of the total cardiovascular market share in our primary service area.
Seeking candidates in the following areas:
General Cardiologists:About the position
- Join an institute of more than 45 board-certified cardiovascular physicians, 30 advanced practice providers and 200 support staff
- Must be fellowship-trained in general cardiology
- Access to advanced technology and specialty care through the Advanced Heart Failure and Recovery Program, Atrial Fibrillation Program, comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation and more
- Opportunity to provide telemedicine from 11 referring sites
- Opportunity to work with diverse patient populations and do outreach in surrounding counties and with other affiliated organizations around the state
- Total compensation package that includes competitive wRVU compensation model as well as heavily weighted quality bonus, call pay, outreach pay, relocation reimbursement, continuing medical education funds, signing bonus for fellows and physicians located outside the market and more
- Benefits include 36 days of paid vacation, a 4 1/2-day workweek and access to Norton Provider Leadership Academy
- On-call coverage split equally among the entire group regardless of tenure
Requirements for this position
- Medical degree/diploma
- Residency/fellowship certi?cation
- Kentucky medical license or license eligible
WHY NORTON HEALTHCARE FOR YOUR CAREER?
- Market share leader in the region
- Strong support network of advanced practice providers, nurse navigators, educators and social workers
- Strong continued investment in technology and physical spaces for improved patient care environments
- Ranked on Beckers Healthcare 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare list in 2019
- Recognized as one of Americas Best Employers for Women by Forbes (2018 and 2019)
ABOUT NORTON MEDICAL GROUP
- NETWORK OF MORE THAN 1,500 PROVIDERS
- EPIC ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS IN 100% OF PRACTICES AND HOSPITALS
- PHYSICIAN LED MEDICAL GROUP
NORTON HEALTHCARE SYSTEM OVERVIEW
- Not-for-profit health care system
- Approximately 850 clinical research studies
- Top tier among Healthiest Employers of Greater Louisville (2013 to 2019)
- All hospitals and Norton Cancer Institute earned LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leader designation (2018 and 2019)
About Norton Heart & Vascular Institute
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute, a part of Norton Healthcare, is the Louisville areas leading cardiovascular disease prevention and treatment program. Each year, Norton Heart & Vascular Institute provides diagnostic, medical, interventional and surgical care for thousands of patients from Kentucky and Southern Indiana. Norton Heart & Vascular Institute specialists treat patients at Norton Healthcares four adult-service hospitals and numerous diagnostic outpatient and specialty centers throughout Greater Louisville. Each facility is accredited through the American College of Cardiologys Accreditation Services, which ensures the highest-quality standards for diagnostic services. All four of Norton Healthcares adult acute-care hospitals are accredited by the American College of Cardiologys Accreditation Services as Cycle V Chest Pain Centers, the highest level of accreditation possible. Three of these facilities, Norton Audubon Hospital, Norton Brownsboro Hospital and Norton Hospital, serve as regional PCI (percutaneous coronary intervention) receiving centers and participate in the states first regional STEMI program, providing 24/7 heart attack care for patients from throughout Kentucky and Southern Indiana. Norton Heart & Vascular Institute offers a nationally recognized advanced heart failure specialist with expertise in the management of end-stage heart failure, mechanical circulatory support and heart transplantation. Norton Heart & Vascular Institute Resource Center at Norton Womens & Childrens Hospital is among the first in the nation offering diagnostic and educational services dedicated exclusively to heart disease in women. More information is available at NortonHeartAndVascularInstitute.com.
Norton Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity EmployerM/F/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Apply on company website