Provide training for students in the physical science area of vehicle dynamics, roadway and traffic hazards, recognition of potential accident hazards, conditioning of reflexes and decision making. Provide students with an understanding of the knowledge and skills necessary to secure maximum safe and efficient use of vehicles; to stimulate a desire to excel in skills, instill knowledge that collision free driving can be accomplished, and to motivate the student toward these goals. Responsible for participant learning in the classroom and on the range.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare classroom.
- Obtain the class roster and have students sign in.
- Reinforce principles and content with the use of training aids.
- Read the PDTC rules and regulations before the students go to the driving skills range.
- Provide Course Evaluation Form at the end of the training day.
- Observe and coach in areas of responsibility.
- Ride with students, when necessary.
- Maximize a safe, positive learning environment.
- Secure all equipment at the conclusion of the on range instruction.
- Verify gates, garage doors, classroom doors and office doors (when necessary) are locked prior to leaving.
- Prepare vehicles for class, clean and perform basic vehicle maintenance to include but not limited to, putting gas in vehicles, checking tire air pressure, changing tires, checking the oil, etc..
- Completes all mandatory training
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Resume and Cover Letter required for full consideration. Copies of all current certifications due upon hiring
- Valid instructor certification as a Motor Vehicle Accident Prevention Course Instructor issued by the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety –LEAD Instructors
- Certification as a Law Enforcement Driver Training Instructor by the Oklahoma Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training
- Completion of an approved course of study for driving instructors approved by the Precision Driving Training Center Coordinator and Director.
Experience in teaching defensive driving courses.
Must have current driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Perform data recording/record keeping operations requiring logging, filing or posting single entry items either manually or by computer.
- Knowledge of grammatical structure, vocabulary for preparing, demonstrating, presenting material. Communicates in clear, grammatically correct English.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing to exchange information, give/receive instructions and respond to inquiries appropriately.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to a multicultural environment in an effort to work and communicate effectively with all students, faculty, staff and community partners.
- High degree of initiative to work independently and also collaborate in a team environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of office technologies including but not limited to: office computers, fax machines, scanners, internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU-OKC and OSU brand with positivity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated history of ethical and professional behavior.
- Indoor and outdoor environments (in all weather conditions)
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends in an often times busy and noisy environment.
- Work will be performed in an office, classroom, and outdoor environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone and via email.
- Walking long distances
- Standing for long periods of time
- Lifting up to 100 pounds (If an object weights more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift).
- Moving equipment
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Apply on company website