To develop in each student, the skills of critical thinking and to help students learn the subject matter in nurse science presented to them in order for that student to become a positive member of the community. Teach and evaluate students in the clinical, laboratory, simulation, and classroom settings.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Collaborate with team to plan, implement, and evaluate teaching effectiveness.
2. Plan, implement and evaluate effective teaching methods in the clinical, laboratory, simulation, and classroom settings.
3. Facilitate student clinical conferences.
4. Make student clinical assignments.
5. Provide supervision and assistance to students in the clinical, simulation, and classroom settings.
6. Participate with team members in student evaluation by:
· Evaluating and returning written student assignments with written feedback within the time frame set by teaching team.
· Using clinical evaluation tool to provide weekly student feedback on clinical performance.
· Maintaining student and course records according to team guidelines.
· Planning and scheduling student evaluation conferences.
· Evaluate and provide verbal feedback on student performance in the laboratory and simulation settings.
7. Maintain cooperative, collegial relationships with clinical agencies.
8. Support and maintain a collegial relationship with other faculty members and students that is conducive to learning.
9. Support the philosophy and policies of OSU-OKC and department of nursing.
10. Available for team conferences, campus and departmental meetings at the discretion of the team leader, Department Head or Division Head.
11. Support online learner activities under the direction of the team leader.
12. Completes all mandatory training.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Resume and Cover Letter required for full consideration
Transcripts required upon hire
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree and hold unencumbered licensure as a registered
nurse in the state of Oklahoma required.
Minimum of two years of clinical experience as a registered nurse.
- Hold a valid license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Oklahoma and in the state of clinical supervision.
- Maintain membership and active participation in nursing and other professional organizations.
- Maintain computer literacy according to university policy.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required:
- Teaching Competence – Must be able to create lesson plans, content, presentations, ancillary materials, and assignments to effectively transform information to knowledge for students; have the ability to assess student learning and progress.
- Communication skills – Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with clear, grammatically correct English and prepare complex reports on deadline; requires interaction with supervisors, colleagues, students, alumni, advisory committee members, and the public, using tact, discretion, and independent judgment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing to exchange information, give/receive instructions and respond to inquiries appropriately.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to a multicultural environment in an effort to work and communicate effectively with all students, faculty, staff and community partners.
- High degree of initiative to work independently and also collaborate in a team environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of office technologies including but not limited to: office computers, fax machines, scanners, internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU-OKC and OSU brand with positivity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated history of ethical and professional behavior.
Master of Science in Nursing preferred.
Other performance measures:
Successful performance of the job requires creativity, initiative, and effective problem solving. An incumbent must use tact and diplomacy. Following school dress standards, proper attendance or leave policies, and other work-habits concerns are required.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include some nights and weekends.
- Work will be performed in an office environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone, via email, and various communication platforms.
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, talking and listening.
- Duties require extensive use of computers, telephone and other office equipment.
- Requires possible lifting of up to 25 lbs. (If an object weights more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift).
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Apply on company website