The Recruitment Specialist is responsible for all matters pertaining to student outreach and recruitment for Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City. The objectives of this position are to plan, implement and evaluate programs and activities to recruit prospective students for admission and enrollment; identify target markets and support implementation of the marketing/recruitment plan; assist students through the application/admission process; and represent the institution both on and off campus to students, parents, counselors, and other individuals and organizations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist prospective students in the college decision-making, application/admission and enrollment process. Communicate information to prospective students and other stakeholders regarding educational/career opportunities, the processes involved with becoming a student, and support resources.
- Manage the prospective student communication plan. Respond to inquiries from prospective students using, but not limited to, telephone, email, social media platforms, and CRM system.
- Recruit prospective students by making high school/career technology center visits, attending college fairs and participating in community events where a college recruitment presence is
- Prepare and deliver specialized presentations for target audiences on a variety of topics related to the institution and higher education.
- Ensure that data related to prospective students is collected, entered and maintained in a manner that effectively supports student relationship management and increases applicant yield.
- Cultivate relations with high school/career technology center personnel, community organizations and other stakeholders. Serve as a liaison/point of contact to assigned local high schools and community organizations.
- Serve as lead to recruit populations within an assigned specialty area such as special at-risk populations, concurrent high school, career tech or other diverse populations and lead such initiatives as podcast host, social media events, or grant funded event planning/record keeping. Will provide backup to other activities that other Recruitment Specialists lead as needed.
- Assist with special events and activities to bring prospective students and other constituent groups to the campus.
- Coordinates the planning, scheduling and implementation of individualized and group campus visits and tours.
- Collaborate with other units on campus to develop, implement and assess activities designed to support an integrated marketing and recruitment strategy.
- Assists with the development of printed marketing materials and management of content on webpages and social media sites.
- Participates in community and professional organizations as a representative of OSU-OKC when applicable.
- Provide support for the Admissions Office by assisting with evaluating incoming document and processing applications for admission and occasionally frontline operations.
- Trains and supervises student employees and volunteers as needed.
- Assist in campus-wide retention efforts as applicable to this position.
- Participate in departmental documentation and process improvement efforts, including creation of process libraries, standard operating procedures, determining key performance indicators, etc.
- Completes all mandatory training and participated in a minimum of two professional development each year.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Resume and cover letter are required for full consideration. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent related experience with an Associate Degree
- Minimum of three years progressively responsible work experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and customer service rich environment.
- Experience working in both collaborative/team environments and in positions that require individualized work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge and experience in recruiting/sales and/or college recruitment.
- Some experience related to customer relationship management, preferably through the utilization of electronic communication tools
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate diplomatically, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing to exchange information, give/receive instructions and respond to inquiries appropriately.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to a multicultural environment in an effort to work and communicate effectively with all students, faculty, staff and community partners.
- Ability to develop and deliver a wide variety of presentations to both small and large groups.
- Exhibit problem-solving skills beyond a set of instructions and adapt to changes when necessary.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience providing excellent customer service
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to make appropriate recommendations based on logical and justifiable reasoning.
- Demonstrated coordination, planning, and organizational skills.
- Ability to set goals and reach those goals.
- Must be adaptable to performing under moderate levels of stress, imposed by frequent deadlines, peak workloads and public/student contact.
- High degree of initiative to work independently and also collaborate in a team environment.
- Ability to thrive in a high-paced and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of office technologies including but not limited to: office computers, fax machines, scanners, internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access,
- PowerPoint, Outlook) and CRM systems. Have an understanding of role in support of campus semester plans.
- Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU-OKC and OSU brand with positivity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated history of ethical and professional behavior.
Must have current driver's license.
- Knowledge and experience in recruiting, public speaking, event planning, marketing/public relations or other related field.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with college recruitment.
- Extensive experience related to customer relationship management, preferably through the utilization of electronic communication tools (CRM system).
- Knowledge of college admissions process.
- Must be able to frequently work flexible hours to include some nights, early mornings and weekends.
- Work will be performed in an office environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone, via email, and various communication platforms.
- Extensive travel within Oklahoma, primarily in the Oklahoma City and surrounding area, is required.
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, talking and listening.
- Duties require extensive use of computers, telephone and other office equipment.
- Requires possible lifting of up to 25 lbs. (If an object weights more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift).
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle to attend off campus events.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Apply on company website