Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!Job Skills / Requirements
To: All Security Personnel
From: People & Culture Coordinator
Date: Aug. 17, 2021
Closing Date: Aug. 23, 2021
Re: Job Posting
Position: Utility Gate & Spare to Research & MOB Reception - Security Guard
Site: Imperial Oil
City: Sarnia, ON
Status: Part Time
Hours: Various Hours
Pay Rate: $15.89 - $18.98 /hr. Rates based on levelling system.
Are you interested in starting a career in a fast paced and growing industry? As a provider of security services to clients with complex security needs, Paladin Security Group is offering an exciting career opportunity for you to give back to your community, while developing skills for future careers. Our training programs are also a leader in the security industry, and they will help prepare you for advancements, as well as build your resume for a potential career in law enforcement.
Reporting to the Security Front Line Supervisor serving IOL this position has the primary responsibility to perform all duties related to the Site Access Control System to control access to the Imperial Oil Sarnia Site for the purpose of security. This Security guard position provides back-up coverage to Reception for vacation and approved absences and is expected to represent Paladin Security Group as well as the facility they are assigned to.
Utility Gate Essential Job Functions:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct random vehicle checks and inspections as required by the client.
- Maintain accurate gate logs, and to retain them as required by the client.
- Perform access control at assigned location checking badges/proper swipes.
- Ensure vehicles have proper pass and signage before entering site.
- Ensure material is not being removed from sight unauthorized.
- Secure all gates/fence line at the conclusion of each shift.
- Observe all perimeters and report all suspicious activity to supervisor.
- Perform temperature checks screening locations.
- Operate vehicles to and from work location and to perform patrols.
- Liaise with other security staff on site.
- Provide assistance to all IOL contacts and contractors when requested.
- Liaise with site Security Front Line Supervisor.
- Watch for and report irregularities by completing investigations and incident reports, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Fast paced work environment that may require you to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
Research Reception Essential Job Functions:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer telephones and redirect calls, welcome visitors - Issue visitor's badges
- Ensure all visitors are aware of and follow departments' safety and security requirement
- Issue loaner access cards, call contacts
- Print documents for visitors
- Arrange transportation to Airport/Hotels etc.
- Create and play Welcome boards for visitors as requested.
- Create and play PowerPoint presentations for welcome board daily
- Help employees navigate through PSIMS when searching for product MSDS to view. Help all Research employees with the MSDS manager and MSDS submission forms.
- Open building-turn on all lights and equipment at the beginning of each shift.
- Ensure all equipment is working properly (printer, fax, and copier)
- Assist personnel with copy center; contact IT should the copier need service
- Submit request for light replacements
- Print all room bookings for daily conferences, seminars and training
- Create sign in sheets for larger groups. Review visitors sign in book to ensure all information is logged.
- Secure and sign out audiovisual/telephone equipment
- Update and post security information for visitors
- Replenish all reception supplies
- Support to site employees with training rooms
- Support Research employees with room bookings
- Maintain "odor complaint" book, and log all information to SharePoint Site
- Attend monthly Division meeting
- Gather faxes and mail to recipients
- Make sure radios are always in working order
- Train all security backups
- Sign for "Kwik Kopy" orders and call recipients
- Close and lock building after each shift, following checklist.
- Created and maintain Spreadsheet for all keys for office equipment within the Research building:
- Review, filing, disposing and documenting of all keys.
- Maintain records for each employee's key inventory.
- Issuing new keys/borrowed keys.
- Re-file returned keys.
- Ordering, receiving, maintaining new keys.
SPARC Alarms/Assay Lab Alarms/MTL Alarms
- Respond to all alarms that ring through to reception phone. Follow instructions in Reception Procedures Manual
- Carry out weekly and monthly tests, along with on demand testing when requested.
Rockwell Factory View
- Monitoring alarms - SPARC facility alarms and Analytical gas system alarms. (e.g. pump water levels, analytical gas pressures in nitrogen, helium, oxygen argon). Response level has yet to be determined, but more than likely will require a contact be made with technicians for each alarm.
Obtain and ensure technical reports have been signed by both the authors Section Head and the Research ManageCertification Requirements (Any)
Standard First Aid, CPR Level C
Valid Ontario Security License
Valid G Drivers License
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Apply on company website