Assistant General Manager
A fresh approach to work.Job Purpose:
The Assistant General Manager supports the General Manager in managing the overall operations of the bakery-cafe to ensure company standards are maintained and continually improved. They are responsible to assist in coaching and developing the team, creating a differentiated guest experience, growing sales and maximizing profitability. They assist in creating a culture of professionalism, teamwork, hospitality and Panera Warmth through owning the cafes people responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Maintain Quality Bakery-Cafe Operations While Ensuring Customer Satisfaction
- Demonstrate leadership and effective planning in staffing, scheduling, people development and succession planning
- Assist the General Manager in maintaining accountability for the success of the cafe by making key- decisions and solving problems.
- Act as a role model and demonstrate professional behavior to cafe team as well as to customers.
- Uphold and coach achievement of Food Safety standards.
- Upgrade and improve cafe operations when needed, maintain quality of product and service.
- Adhere to cafe systems and processes to accomplish day-to-day operations.
- Follow company policies and procedures and comply with all state and federal regulations.
- Coach and follow up with team members to ensure the cafe adheres to operational standards
- Safeguard the team by maintaining a healthy and safe workplace, environment and culture.
Management and Development of Team Members
- Assist the General Manager in supervising the overall operation of the cafe.
- Hire, train, motivate and manage performance of Retail Team Members to ensure the cafe is staffed to ensure quality standards and exceptional customer service.
- Coach and delegate to Team Managers and Team Members in order to build subject matter experts within the cafe teams for career development and cafe succession planning.
- Oversee the QHC process alongside the General Manager, rewarding and recognizing Team Members including comprehensive compensation planning and career pathing.
- Execute company and cafe strategies for sales growth and flow through
- Manage Team Member labor and help cafe maintain profitability
- Assist General Manager in maintaining cafe costs and inventory
- This role requires flexible hours including nights and weekends in a faced paced environment with shifting priorities.
- This role requires the ability to keep cool under pressure and deal with multiple types of people in a calm and fair manner.
- While performing this job, the incumbent is regularly required to stand, sit, talk hear in a loud environment.
- Actively taking part in Career Path towards becoming a General Manager and, where possible willing to relocate.
- Successfully managed through and be certified in all Team Manager areas of responsibilities (Channel, Food, etc.).
- Shown demonstrated ability to drive positive results and understanding of the business.
- Completed Certified Manager Program.
- Demonstrated an ability to run great shifts and coach Team Members.
- ServSafe certified.
- Minimum age -- 18 years of age.
- Ability to pass background check.
Apply on company website