Senior Manager, Digital Media - Paid Search
Senior Manager, Digital Media – Paid Search
At Panera, we believe that great food can bring out the best in all of us—food served in a warm, welcoming environment, by people who care, through a frictionless, innovative, and industry leading customer experience. We are proud of the food we serve and the highest quality ingredients (and their sources) that we obsess over. Ultimately, we create clean and craveable food that we are proud to serve to our own families.
We are searching for the best as we build and strengthen our Digital Commerce team and performance media capabilities in support of our ambitious brand growth plans.
The Senior Manager, Digital Media – Paid Search will oversee and be the subject-matter expert within Panera on all things related to paid search, YouTube and other search driven paid media opportunities. This role will initially lead an effort to bring paid search in-house including being a primary decision maker on technology and platforms, will provide execution and day to day campaign optimization and with proven growth of the channel has the potential to hire, lead and grow a team.
This channel leader will accelerate an always-on, audience first strategy aimed at driving incremental retention, new customer acquisition and annual spend/customer and will focus on the following key profitable acquisition categories considering a customer lifetime value (CLTV) investment lens: Digital Orders, My Panera Registrations, Coffee Subscriptions and App Downloads.
- Build an agile, industry-leading paid search advertising capability inclusive of decisions around ad technology, platforms and workflow.
- Implement, optimize, and manage all paid search and YouTube advertising campaigns on behalf of Panera.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for Panera across all things related to paid search, YouTube advertising and other keyword-driven ad opportunities.
- Stay current in all relevant digital media industry news and keep leadership informed of changes and opportunities.
- Directly manage relationships and regular update agendas with primary advertising outlets including Google and Bing.
- Translate desired business outcomes to paid search strategies and assist in the development of holistic digital performance media plans.
- Proactively identify and implement opportunities for optimization and driving incremental growth in deliverables.
- Drive direct selling (orders) and acquisition (My Panera Loyalty Registration, Subscriptions, App Downloads) objectives at or below LTV informed CPA targets. Lead effort across analytics and external partners to drive continuous learning, refinement, creative optimization, and understanding of incrementality, attribution and performance marketing investment productivity.
- Partner with Digital Analytics, Digital Product, CRM, Media and Marketing teams in order continually test creative and execution strategies in order to optimize for incrementality.
- Partner with analytics to refine scalable frameworks that enable ad-hoc and strategic insights and regular reporting that fuels enlightened performance digital marketing decision making.
- With the team and in partnership with analytics, create and deliver impactful presentations to senior leaders that crystalize digital performance marketing results into clear and actionable insights. Drive a culture of data-driven decision making that will institutionalize the use of customer-driven analytics across our digital marketing channels.
- Partner with SEO and other digital media channels to identity synergies and optimization opportunities.
- Minimum 5 years of experience executing large, complex paid search and YouTube advertising campaigns in an enterprise environment.
- Deep expertise in SEM best practices, tools and technologies.
- Ability to understand key performance metrics and how to leverage SEM execution, bid management and insight development to drive them.
- Detail-oriented with strong attention to budget management, project management and follow through.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Experience with enterprise level analytics preferred (eg. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics Enterprise)
- Experience with paid search management and optimization technology (eg. Adobe Media Optimizer, Kenshoo, Marin, Google SA360)
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills with the ability to frame complex analytical, digital marketing, CRM and technical concepts in a way that facilitates discussion and deeper levels of understanding of our customers. Ability to bridge marketing, media, analytics, CRM, finance, and technology disciplines.
- Expert-level data interrogation skills leveraging either spreadsheets or database technology.
Apply on company website