Sr. Manager, Data Architect (20-82)
The Data Architect is responsible for developing information architecture, designing dimensional data models, and maintaining enterprise-wide data architecture and administration standards. This individual will work closely with end users and IT development staff to ensure that new and existing data models and databases are consistent with approved data architecture standards. The Data Architect must have expert level knowledge and experience in data modeling and database design.
This position will be based out of the Laumeier Support Center, located in St. Louis, MO.
- Work with clients, business analysts, technical staff, and project team members to plan, design, develop, implement, and enhance applications, scripts, procedures, and metadata for relational, dimensional, and cloud-based databases.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of our information strategy
- Ensure the quality, completeness, security, privacy, and integrity of data throughout the data lifecycle.
- Interpreting business needs into data requirements, including such attributes as naming standards, consistent data definitions, data aliases, associated business rules and data sources
- Maintain data mapping documents, business matrix and other data design artifacts that define technical data specifications and transformation rules.
- Effectively communicate data design to other members of the team to ensure proper implementation and utilization of the data structures; Support development team during process design and during performance tuning; Support QA team during test strategy and test case development
- 3+ years of experience in data modeling and scaling emerging data platforms
- Experience in Agile development methods such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean or XP
- Demonstrated understanding and successful application of proven database design principles such as: requirements analysis, data normalization, data modeling, risk management and quality assurance
- Experience with data management and ETL techniques
- Proficiency with SQL and RDBMS
- Proficiency with relational and multidimensional data modeling
- Should be strong in writing complex queries and/or stored procedures with good debugging and performance tuning skills
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and willingness to adapt to new data techniques
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously; works well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong relationship development and negotiating skills; able to earn respect and trust among internal and external business partners and team members
- Domain Knowledge of Restaurant Industry is a plus.
- GCP or other public cloud data design experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university in Computer Science, Information Technology Management, or Technical Field
- We offer a cool and colorful place to work where you are surrounded by other people who want to be here.
- You get to play hard, have fun at work and participate in our culture of helping those around you.
- Alongside the normal salary and benefits, you have access to all the free coffee and baked goods you could ever ask for.
- The chance to join a fast-growing team looking to chalk up a huge “W” in 2020 and beyond.
Apply on company website