SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Parkridge Valley Hospital Chattanooga, TN
Mental Health Technician – Child & Adolescent Campus
Shift Details: PRN
Are you interested in working with children or teens that may be struggling with behavioral issues? At our Parkridge Valley Child & Adolescent campus, we give you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the children and teenagers in our inpatient hospital and residential treatment programs. Watch this Child & Adolescent Campus Video to learn more about what we do!
We are currently hiring a select group of people to help further our mission of providing hope, help and healing to children, teens, and families in need. We will provide you all the training and support to help you succeed and be part of our caring team.
The Mental Health Technician provides supervision and direction to emotionally and behaviorally challenged children and adolescents (ages 4-18) in a compassionate and respectful environment.
- Demonstrate skills in the areas of relationship building, appropriate boundaries and role modeling with children.
- Demonstrate care, compassion, respect, integrity, truthfulness and ethical behavior with children as well as interactions with other staff members.
- Supervise daily routines and responsibilities of children and ensure performance of daily self-care tasks, and assist when necessary.
- Participates in implementing and carrying out individualized treatment plans as well as daily treatment schedules.
- Is able to set limits as needed by recognizing potential behavior problems and does so in a caring and consistent manner.
- Displays respect for patient's integrity, patient information and patient rights.
- Escorts patients to and from scheduled activities in a safe and professional manner.
- Assists with maintaining the cleanliness of the unit.
- Utilizes appropriate skills in telephone etiquette when answering the telephone, making sure to record correct messages and pass along to appropriate staff, including patient inquiries.
- Demonstrate efficiency in maintaining support services, which are vital to effective program operation.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain a safe environment
HCA TriStar Division offers their full time/part time employees a total rewards package to support their health, life, career and retirement. Some of the benefits offered include 401K, Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, along with Student Loan Repayment.
High school graduate or GED required. Prior experience in behavioral health or working with at-risk children is a plus.
Parkridge Valley, a two-campus, 170 bed behavioral health facility with Parkridge Health System, has served the Chattanooga area for over 40 years, providing expertise in treating a broad range of mental health and chemical dependency issues for all ages.
Parkridge Valley Child & Adolescent Campus
The Parkridge Child & Adolescent Campus provides service for children and teens. Our services include short-term hospitalization for children and adolescents who require acute, structured short-term hospitalizations, and a residential program for children who are having emotional or behavioral problems and are not successful in their current environment of school or home, or for teens who have a failed history of acute inpatient hospitalization and outpatient therapy. Valley Academy, accredited by the Tennessee Department of Education, serves both regular education and special education students for our residential patients.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Prior experience in behavioral health or working with at-risk children is a plus.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website