Computer Operator I responsible for monitoring, reporting, level I support and escalation for various processes within I/T: Applications support, implementation, database administration and hardware/network support. This position will report, assist, and document all issues to the appropriate departmental personnel as set forth in the computer operations manual.
After hours computer operations:
- Applications support (Payroll, HR and Tax)
- Implementation (New processes)
- Database administration (Monitors database jobs and system for outages)
- Hardware/Network support (Monitors for system outages)
Basic duties include starting jobs, printing reports, monitoring tasks, reporting issues, level I support and escalation. This position will report, assist, and document all issues to the appropriate departmental personnel. Utilize Job scheduling software to monitor, evaluate critical workflow process, and notify appropriate personnel if any issues are determined. Provide technical assistance for computer problems. Maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and coworkers.
- High School plus two or more years higher education, vocational training or equivalent
- Working knowledge of operating systems, networks, databases, and web applications obtained through high school, college, or prior work experience.
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Integrity, punctuality and dependability
- Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (EXCEL, WORD, PowerPoint and OUTLOOK)
- Work flexible hours (evenings, weekends)
Paycom provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, genetic characteristics, or any other considerations made unlawful by applicable state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Paycom expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, or genetic characteristics.
Apply on company website