Manages the Data Center and related mechanical devices. Manages and designs hardware deployments and cabling inside the Data Center. Documents the network and data center processes, and performs related tasks.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of the Data Center, including all day to day activities
- Performs installation of network and systems equipment (rack, stack and cabling). Knowledge of tools for installation. Removing equipment when decommissioned
- Monitor facilities for power, cooling and other capacity needs
- Test and turn up circuits including data, voice, and specialty circuits
- Perform basic system administration tasks under direction from Network and Systems Administrators
- As required must be available on a 24 hour basis for emergency support. Only when required and considered abnormal to general operations.
- Troubleshoot and verify existing network equipment and systems infrastructure
- Provide feedback on and refinement of data center operational processes
- Establishes specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements.
- Evaluates performance and issues including availability and utilization; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment
- Maintains Data Center performance by performing monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting problems; escalating problems to vendor or other staff
- Some technical and desktop support tasks required
- Manages and configures Network Disaster Recovery including procedural documentation.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Documents specific duties, activities, problems solved and issues resolved
- Assists in the documentation of the network, applications and resources on the network in conjunction with the public service staff.
- Performs training.
- Attends meetings and serves on committees, as requested
- Coordinate with the Trainer to set up and take down Cyberschool equipment, as well as any other equipment needed for meetings
- Coordinates with upper management to setup new offices as needed.
- Regular attendance as required
- Performs additional duties and assignments as requested
- High School graduate required.
- Bachelor Degree Required
- 2-4 years of related experience
- CCNA Data Center Preferred
- Datacenter HVAC, CRAC, cooling technologies
- Datacenter power, UPS, generator operations, etc
- Datacenter fire suppression systems(FM200, HFC125, etc)
- General knowledge of datacenter design and construction
- Structured Cabling
- Ethernet and Fiber Cabling
- Telecommunications Systems
- Emerging Technology Trends
Skills and Abilities:
- Evaluate critical systems, prioritize workflow and determine solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpret and apply laws, regulations and policies
- Provide technical assistance for computer problems
- Read and understand technical manuals
- Work for extended time at keyboard/terminal
- Maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and coworkers
- Work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings
- Value open, honest communication
- Eager to be transparent and truthful as a primary matter of course
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department. ****To learn more about Paycom's affirmative action policy, equal employment opportunity, or to request an accommodation - Click on the link to find more information: paycom.com/careers/eeoc
Apply on company website