Manages the Data Center and related mechanical devices including power, cooling and battery backup. Manages and designs hardware deployments, equipment, and cabling inside the Data Center and on the campus. Documents the Data Center processes, and performs related documentation tasks. Assists in the design and engineering of the Data Center and future initiatives. Communicates to management and upper Leadership about risks and initiatives concerning the Data Centers. Mentors direct reports and helps increase their effectiveness and skillset.
Data Center Design, Maintenance, & Operation:
- Responsible for Design, operation, and maintenance of the Data Center, including all day to day activities
- Responsible for Data Center operations teams and strategy involving operations of the Data Center
- Responsible for Data Center and campus cabling teams and strategy
- Develops disaster recovery strategy for operations of the Data Center including documentation and MOP
- Brings forward opportunities for improvement and architecture changes
- Uptime Institute certifications and renewals, working knowledge of design to meet these certifications
- Campus Fiber Map and Cabling
- Oversee installation of network and systems equipment (rack, stack and cabling). Knowledge of tools for installation. Removing equipment when decommissioned
- Monitor facilities for power, cooling and other capacity needs
- Writes documentation and SOP for Data Center operations and maintains as necessary
- As required must be available on a 24hr basis for emergency support. Only when required and considered abnormal to general operations.
- Troubleshoot and verify existing Data Center equipment and systems infrastructure
- Provide feedback on and refinement of Data Center operational processes
- Establishes specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements.
- Evaluates performance and issues including availability and utilization; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment
- Maintains Data Center performance by performing monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting problems; escalating problems to vendor or other staff
- Upgrades Data Center by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Documents specific duties, activities, problems solved and issues resolved
- Assists in the documentation of the Data Center, applications and resources
- Performs training and continuing education for business and direct reports
- Attends meetings and serves on committees, as requested
- Coordinate with the Trainer to set up and take down Cyberschool equipment, as well as any other equipment needed for meetings
- Coordinates with upper management to setup new offices as needed.
- Regular attendance as required
- Performs additional duties and assignments as requested
- High School graduate required.
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited university required
- 6-10 years of related Data Center management experience
- 6-10 years of related Cabling & Infrastructure experience
- Datacenter HVAC, CRAC, cooling technologies
- Datacenter power, UPS, generator operations, etc
- Datacenter fire suppression systems(FM200, HFC125, etc)
- Advanced knowledge of datacenter design and construction
- Knowledge of Data Center certification and design concepts
- Structured Cabling
- Uptime Institute Certifications
- Fiber Cabling, MTP, MPO, Single-Mode, Multi-Mode
- Telecommunications Systems
- Emerging Technology Trends
- Datacenter Best Practice and Industry Standard Methodology
Skills and Abilities:
- Evaluate critical systems, prioritize workflow and determine solutions
- Communicate problems and concerns to upper leadership concerning Data Center operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpret and apply laws, regulations and policies
- Provide technical assistance for computer problems
- Read and understand technical manuals
- Work for extended time at keyboard/terminal
- Maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and coworkers
- Work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website