Responsible for researching tax and payroll laws, regulations, and compliance issues; effectively implementing the compliance of such laws and regulations by interfacing and communicating with others within the organization. Responsible for assisting other Paycom departments with special projects as necessary.
- Assumes responsibility for monitoring Federal, State, and Local payroll and tax law changes as they apply to payroll.
- Keep up to date with various publications including BNA, Checkpoint, APA and other news sources.
- Monitor withholding table and tax rate changes as released by IRS, states, municipalities and various other agencies.
- Assists Paycom's Training Department and Marketing Department with preparation of publications, webinars and training as necessary for both internal and client purposes.
- Works with Product Managers to effectively communicate requirements for development.
- Attends development prioritization and other meetings as necessary.
- Available to assist tax and payroll specialists with various technical questions pertaining to tax and payroll laws and regulations, and software implementation as needed
- Regular attendance as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience Required:
- 1-5 years of accounting or payroll related experience preferred.
- Detail Oriented.
- Well organized.
- Cooperative and willing to work with others.
- Must be able to multitask effectively.
- Must be able to adapt easily to change.
- Ability to use computer applications, printers, copier, fax machine and telephone.
- Possess the aptitude and knowledge to understand tax laws and changes to the law.
- Ability to research and effectively communicate complex issues through spoken and written word.
- Must possess strong Excel and other Microsoft Office product skills.
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website