Responsible for leading and providing key support to a team of Tax Specialists in their responsibility to generate accurate and timely tax returns, ensure all tax deposits are made correctly and by their respective due date, oversee the completion of associated tasks such as PPA, bank reconciliation research/resolution, and tax issues.
- Train and develop Specialists in the areas of quality tax filing service, issue resolution tactics, and consultative customer service as they work with internal teams who assist clients with tax needs.
- Provide guidance to Specialists regarding difficult system issues and advanced and appropriate solution options for clients and internal teams.
- Monitor progress toward department and individual goals and drive metrics for the team.
- Provide performance feedback to Specialists in the form of one-on-one coaching sessions and to management for personnel recommendations.
- Research and resolve escalated and complex client tax issues in a prompt and professional manner.
- Test system developments for accuracy, recommend changes and fixes as necessary.
- Delegate tasks as necessary to ensure goal achievement and a manageable work load.
- Identify training needs for Specialists beyond those initially provided and conduct one-on-one training sessions or assign additional learning and development courses to further their Paycom product knowledge.
- Conduct interviews and provide recommendations for next-level interviews and hire.
- Identify areas for process improvement within the product and the department and relay recommendations to the appropriate parties.
- Attend company and department leadership trainings, development opportunities and initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Supervisor to determine workload assignments and workflow for the team, recommending changes based on efficiency and team/employee performance as needed.
- Communicate company and department goals through casting vision and setting clear expectations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2 years of experience in an accounting, payroll, data entry or related fields
- Experience within multiple tax types of the Paycom software or other payroll processing software strongly preferred.
- Strong customer service and client relationship building skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to positively motivate and inspire others
- Ability to coach and develop others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to cast vision and drive strategy to achieve results
- Ability to make sound judgement decisions
- Ability to work effectively with others in all levels of an organization
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website