Manages and maintains the telecom infrastructure of the corporation. Assists with Call Manager & Contact Center corporate deployments and related hardware and software; Documents the network and telecommunications infrastructure, and works to maximize up time and efficiency.
- Establishes network and telecommunications specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; network administration, including interface configuration and management strategies.
- Establishes network and telecommunication system by evaluating network and telecommunication performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network and telecommunications policies and procedures; establishing data and voice connectivity.
- Maintains network and telecommunications performance by monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network and telecommunications problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network and telecommunications systems by developing access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Documents specific duties, activities, problems solved and issues resolved
- Assists in the documentation of the network, applications and resources on the network in conjunction with the public service staff.
- Performs training.
- Attends meetings and serves on committees, as requested
- Coordinate with the Trainer to set up and take down Cyberschool equipment, as well as any other equipment needed for meetings
- Coordinates with upper management to setup new offices as needed.
- Regular attendance as required
- Performs additional duties and assignments as requested
- Some Travel Required
- High School graduate required.
- Bachelor Degree Required
- CCNA or CCNP Collaboration/Voice preferred or comparable experience
- 1-3 years of network/telecom administration.
- Telecommunications Design and Implementation
- Telecommunications Systems and Protocols– Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity, Cisco Contact Center
- Cisco CUBE, Call Manager Express, Unity Express
- VOIP, SIP, PRI, MGCP, H.323
- LAN/WAN – TCP/IP, MPLS, BGP, VPN
- Network Performance Tuning – SNMP, NetFlow, IP SLA
- Network Design and Implementation
- Cisco IOS/NexusOS familiarity
- Emerging technology trends
Skills and Abilities:
- Evaluate critical systems, prioritize workflow and determine solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpret and apply laws, regulations and policies
- Provide technical assistance for computer problems
- Read and understand technical manuals
- Work for extended time at keyboard/terminal
- Maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and coworkers
- Work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website