DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department Part-Time (0.9 FTE)
Plantation General Hospital
Plantation General Hospital, a 264-bed acute care hospital, has served Plantation and Central Broward County since 1966. Conveniently are located within minutes of the Florida Turnpike, between I-595 and I-95, we are known for our family friendly atmosphere and for delivering the very best care to our patients and the communities we serve. Plantation General is a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center and an American College of Surgeons COC Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. With an intense focus in Women and Children's Services, we have received Healthgrades Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™, and offer private postpartum, quality high risk OB care and a Level III NICU. Our other specialties include bariatric, behavioral healthcare, Intensive Outpatient Program, Adult and Pediatric ER, and minimally invasive robotic assisted surgery.
We invite you to learn more about our career opportunities and how you can join our dedicated family of healthcare professionals.
Benefits: We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At , we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
• Student Loan Repayment*
• Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
• Paid Personal Leave
• 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
• Identity Theft Protection discounts
• Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
Job Description:The Registered Nurse is responsible for the direct and indirect total nursing care of their assigned patients. They are also responsible for the supervision of assigned personnel. The position requires intimate knowledge of both department and hospital policies and procedures relevant to the delivery of nursing care. Interpretive skills, frequent interactive and consultative associations, along with management and supervisory skills are inherent in the position. The ability to retrieve, communicate or otherwise present information in a written, auditory or visual fashion is essential. The primary method to express or exchange ideas is through the spoken word. Written, telephone and manual dexterity skills are required for the position.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida o or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Life Support Course (PALS) and certification within 1 year.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred. Basic computer knowledge.
- One year of Acute Care Nursing experience preferred.
- Two (2) years of Emergency Nursing experience preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website