pOpshelf's mission is to make every day special by providing shoppers a stress-free shopping destination for those special things that make life better. pOpshelf offers an exciting, on-trend and rotating selection of seasonal, houseware, home décor, health and beauty products, home cleaning supplies and party goods in addition to candy & snacks, toys, games and electronics, among other items. There is fun in every find, surprise on every shelf, and joy in every visit. As part of our customer-centered team, you help us create an experience that enables our customers to easily find the items they need and enjoy finding the things they want. pOpshelf operates 70+ stores currently with plans to open 1,000 by 2025. Learn more about pOpshelf at www.popshelf.com.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
- One year of experience in a specialty retail environment preferred.
- One year of experience in a retail environment preferred for external candidates.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Frequent walking and standing.
- Frequent bending, stooping and kneeling to run check out station, stock merchandise and unload trucks.
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as hand-held scanners pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers and carts, two-wheel dollies, and U-boats (six-wheel carts).
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 55 pounds.
- Occasional climbing (using ladder).
- Occasional driving/providing own transportation to make bank deposits, attend management meetings and to other pOpshelf stores.
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.
- Exposure to strong scents and fragrances
Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
pOpshelf is an equal opportunity employer
The Store Team Leader - In Training supports the Store Team Leader in the effective planning and implementation of all store processes including ordering, receiving, stocking, creative merchandising, presentation, selling, staffing and superior customer support. Responsible for assisting the Store Team Leader in creating a customer first store culture through exceptional store standards and team engagement. This position is utilized to foster interactive development of an external candidate for the Store Team Leader role and is to be held for a limited period.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides superior customer service to exceed the customer's expectations supporting a customer first store culture; greet and assists customers, and operate cash register and scanner to itemize the customer's purchase.
- Model product knowledge and selling techniques to enhance the customer experience. Help facilitate and maintain a safe, clean and well-organized store environment that delights our customers and employees while training team on techniques.
- Assist Store Team Leader with scheduling employees, providing adequate training for employees, conducting safety meetings, and ensuring employee compliance with company policies and procedures
- Open and close store a minimum of two days per week.
- Follow company work processes to manage merchandise, including receiving, unpacking, stocking, restocking and rotating merchandise on shelves and building merchandise displays. Assist in implementation and maintenance of plan-o-zones; ensure merchandise is presented according to established practices and Store Team Leader direction.
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventory levels by controlling damages, markdowns, scanning, paperwork, and facility controls.
- Assist in ensuring financial integrity of the store through strict cash accountability, key control, adherences to company security practices and cash control procedures; authorize and sign for refunds and overrides, count register tills, and deposit money in bank.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cash accountability and deposit controls.
- Ability to perform cash register functions and operate other tools to generate reports. (e.g. HHT, self-checkout, store computer, etc.)
- Strong product inventory knowledge and creative merchandising abilities.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices (deposits, store keys, etc.)
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, counseling, and termination practices including legal compliance and internal processes.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
Apply on company website